Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Owner - Old Club Badge

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: smiffyboy[/cite]our currentg badge is original leave it alone, old one of robin on a ball reminds me a bit of spurs.

That's a chicken on the Spurs one, right?
  • Options
    Present one is far better,who wants a chicken like spurs?
  • Options
    Our badge is great and other fans are jealous of it, so ner.
  • Options
    The only change we should make is to remove that wretched corporate "TM" on it.
  • Options
    Our badge is wondeful the way it is.
    Would hate to have another generic shield shaped badge.
    Swords not shields!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Hang on....your badge & nickname the "valiants" is all based on it sounding similar to The Valley? Bloody hell. Who allowed that to happen?

I know you as the robins or the addicks (again not sure why the addicks?) and if they were nicknames linked to real history of the club surely everyone would prefer that rather than a made up image and nickname?

Says the man who's club change their badge and home shirt colour at the drop of a hat. Get many Lions in Rotherhithe did they?

Still, when you've got no tradition other than tear-ups I guess there's no tradition to uphold.

What's Millwall got to do with it? This is about Charlton & your badge/history, not about us lot.
  • Options
    Good answer SLL - you clearly know when you're on a losing wicket!
    ;o)

We've had our badge for 40-ish years now. I like it. Instantly recognisable, nice colours, no doubt as to whose badge it is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Good answer SLL - you clearly know when you're on a losing wicket!
    ;o)

We've had our badge for 40-ish years now. I like it. Instantly recognisable, nice colours, no doubt as to whose badge it is.

I was tempted to write some big long reply but then you would've got what you wanted!!

I like your badge, as you say recognisable etc, just surprised at the origins for it.
  • Options
    If we change the badg I think the glove(s) would be off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]Little did I realise when I started this thread that suggesting we revert back to our original badge would be treated by many Charlton Lifers as tantamount to taking their comfort blanket off them :-)
    Just don't start the "we should run out to something other than The Red Red Robin" debate, or you'll really get caught in the crossfire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Good answer SLL - you clearly know when you're on a losing wicket!
    ;o)

I was tempted to write some big long reply but then you would've got what you wanted!!

I like your badge, as you say recognisable etc, just surprised at the origins for it.

The current badge is distinctive but not historic. The 1947 FA Cup winning Charlton side didn't parade around Wembley Stadium after the match with the Valiant Sword emblazoned on their shirts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]Little did I realise when I started this thread that suggesting we revert back to our original badge would be treated by many Charlton Lifers as tantamount to taking their comfort blanket off them :-)
    Just don't start the "we should run out to something other than The Red Red Robin" debate, or you'll really get caught in the crossfire.

When did I suggest that ???