Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help Cooking Turkey

I'm cooking the turkey this year 7lb 8oz rolled breast please can I have some advice on tempreture and time ?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    aprox 30 mins per 2lb +an extra 30 mins. on mid tem oven.(with gas it 50% on), However thats the books i have always found it needs at least 3 hours.Check by using a skewer and pushing into the turkeynear wing towards bottom of bird, if it still comes our red then its not done.

Also dont put the stuffing up its behind !! leave it open put in two cut lemons in there put the stuffing in at the neck,
  • Use delia smith's recipe. Cannot fail to produce great result. Basically butter turkey, place bacon on top and wrap in a foil pillow and then cook she blasts it high then turns down low will have to check her website for tempretures
  • I cooked Turkey for the first time last Christmas. I used this site as a reference and it went quite well.

Cooking Turkey

Merry Christmas
  • Cook it tonight, rather than getting up stupidly early to cook it in the morning.