Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For those planning on travelling on Southeastern tomorrow

edited December 2010 in Not Sports Related
From their website;

Monday 20 December

We're aiming to operate a normal timetable for tomrrow, Monday 20 December. Due to the on-going freezing weather there will be cancellations, delays and shorter than usual trains.

So, cancellations, delays and shorter than usual trains. Yeps, sounds like a just another "normal timetable" day to me. Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    that is a classic
  • Options
    Was on a south ******* train eariler, and they are running fine. Still in shock, though tomorrow could be fun.
  • Options
    Caught buses into London today and one of the two an hour trains from Charing Cross bang on time tonight.
  • Options
    I can't wait to start commuting in the New Year!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Was on a south ******* train eariler, and they are running fine. Still in shock, though tomorrow could be fun.

Yep, I went down to my station earlier and they all seemed to be fine. So, if we don't get any more snow overnight we should be getting a pretty decent service tomorrow. Hmmm, we shall see.
  • Options
    According to weather forecast on BBC News Channel, more heavy snow is expected for the London area in time for the evening commute tomorrow, so could be entertaining!
  • Options
    For those of you that can, get on a bus to North Greenwich. It will be your best chance of getting to work. BBC said minus 8 tonight. The tracks will be frozen solid. Im not even going to waste my time walking to the station.
  • Options
    DLR - it's the future. No drivers to go on strike, no wrong type of snow, no "broken down/slow moving goods train in front - not even any need to get a ticket!
  • Options
    Bexleyheath line running o.k this morning, waited 5 mins for a Cannon St train at 7.30 from Welling
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]DLR - it's the future. No drivers to go on strike, no wrong type of snow, no "broken down/slow moving goods train in front - not even any need to get a ticket![/quote]

They still have staff and they threatened strike action not to long ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No problems at Dartford this morning, trains a bit late but no more than normal - no heating on the train though!
  • Options
    Nothing at all on my First Capital Connect line into London. All cancelled
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]No problems at Dartford this morning, trains a bit late but no more than normal - no heating on the train though![/quote]

No heating on my train either. Most prob the drivers having a bit of fun ......
  • Options
    Cold weather makes your train shorter
  • Options
    No heating is probably a good thing - otherwise you're rammed in there with your big coats on and then you start sweating because they've got the heating set to "sauna"!
  • Options
    yep, the heating was ramped up on my train and it was packed and unbearable
  • Options
    the fuck's up with people wearing their stupid big puffa jackets and thinking they get half an extra seat because of it? Selfish pricks.
  • Options
    slightly off topic...

What are the conditions like round the ground?
    (planning to make the trek up by rail on Tuesday for the Young Addicks party - do I need a puffa jacket and moon boots? ;-)