Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allardyce...

...sacked?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2010
    chris hughton could do well there
  • Options
    seems like it as BBC says " Left club with immediate effect"
  • Options
    Premiership owners are making so many inexplicable decisions nowadays that I'm not even that surprised.
  • Options
    SSN says sacked.

What is going on in the Premier League?

I fear for Wenger & Ferguson tonight should one of 'em lose.
  • Options
    mad decision from the outside looking in but i reckon their fans will be divided in opinion a case of new owners sweeping clean
  • Options
    and the assistant has gone too. do you reckon parky is going there instead?
  • Options
    The fans will be divided, many are bored of the style of football however you cannot argue with the job he has done there considering resources/size of club etc. He has got the best out of some players who had been struggling -Paul Robinson for example has looked England quality in the last few months whilst Pedersen seems to have found his Mark Hughes era form again. However- they look suspect in defence and are heavily reliant on the big man up top- usually J Roberts and set pieces.

They have some talented players but are not a top 8-10 side imho and Allardyce, although not overachieving as he did at Bolton- certainly did not underachieve up there.

New owners- new manager. Happens all the time so Parky beware.
  • Options
    Jol, O'Neill and Holloway emerging as the favourite names on the Blackburn message boards....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Jol, O'Neill and Holloway emerging as the favourite names on the Blackburn message boards....

Wot, no Curbs?
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]chris hughton could do well there

They'll want someone more experienced and high-profile.
  • Options
    Dowie- please!

Too far north for Curbs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holloway....a repeat of the Owen Coyle scenario from last season.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Holloway....a repeat of the Owen Coyle scenario from last season.

Would not surprise me, but things went massively tits up the last time Holloway jumped ship half way through a season. Would also take him a while to change Blackburns style of play and unlike Bolton last year who I think had more technical players than Blackburn do now (Lee, Mark Davies, Matt Taylor for example)- not sure it would work. Holloway will come out of this season with Blackpool with bags of credit regardless of where they finish and seen as they are not over reliant on one player, home form etc- I think they have an excellent chance of survival. At Blackburn- Holloway has a lot to lose.

Luke Varney to follow?
  • Options
    Allardyce has over achieved there big time. Watch them drop like a stone now.
  • Options
    Jewell?
  • Options
    Allardyce won't be out of work for long.

Sullivan or Gold probably on the phone to him now offering him Avram Grant's job.
  • Options
    i think it's a poor decision. i'd like to see a league ruling that manager's must remain in position for the duration of a season. and player's too for that matter. i'm fed up with clubs eaither dumping manager's or trying to buy their way out of trouble. look what happened to us! spent money to play big shots and got burned like the fire of london. i think blackburn will rue the day allardyce left. what premiership quality manager is going to go there with a transfer kitty of £5m.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]New owners- new manager. Happens all the time so Parky beware.

True - not sure Allardyce deserves that.

As for
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Sullivan or Gold probably on the phone to him now offering him Avram Grant's job.

I'd be interested in seeing if he could do a job at a London club...unknown territory.
  • Options
    Can't see Jol or O'Neill going there. Looks like Big Sam has had a row about transfer funds I'm guessing. For some reason I've got a feeling about Dowie for this one! Don't ask me why. Imagine Pards and Dowie both back managing in the Prem!
  • Options
    Mark Hughes I reckon. Doesn't look a happy bunny to me. Very odd decision, I was just thinking as I looked at his fat unappealing face on the telly during his brief celebration yesterday that as much as I didn't like him, he's a solid and innovative English coach that gets results.
  • Options
    Its a job for someone desperate to get back in to the Prem and will accept a job regardless of the risk, so Dowie, Brown, Megson all candidates. Cant see Curbs being interested
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll miss his mad press conferences, going on about how he should be managing Real Madrid etc, having said that he is a quality manager. West Ham should go out and nabb him if they can.
  • Options
    Collymore reckons jol to blackburn. Big Sam to wolves. And mcarthy to ipswich
  • Options
    And Collymore to the local parks carpark for a spot of...........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]And Collymore to the local parks carpark for a spot of...........

Woof woof
  • Options
    This can only really happen in football....its official now, the Premier League is bonkers.
  • Options
    And the wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round...round and round!
  • Options
    Blackburns a dull dreary place - surely Megson will be installed imminently

though Maradona would be a laugh!!
  • Options
    Bookies must be delighted by all these weird sackings.

Allardyce will get another job very soon. Hate the football his teams play but his record is pretty good.
  • Options
    They don't have a scooby who's going to replace him

"We needed to make some changes and Sam going is of course the main change. This is a major step - but we thought 'why delay?'. The fans should trust us and have belief because this is in the best interests of the club."
  • Options
    Bless, look at the brothers playing with their new toy.