Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Programme mentions for Qatar.

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Rather than spend any more time having to think about possibly the worst game that I have had to endure in 50 years at the Valley, I decided to read my programme on the Coach journey home. I noticed several references to Qatar in there such as the connection with the Charlton Community Trust, and thought about Qatar having ridiculously been awarded the World Cup in 2022 and their subsequent drive to raise their football profile with things such as their £125 million sponsorship of Barcelona. I then asked myself ' is it so daft to imagine them buying a centrally located London Club with a good reputation, a nice Stadium with permission to grow to a 40,000 capacity, close to City Airport and central London with its Shops and Hotels ? '
There was no point in continuing the thought, we shall know in a few days, but it lead me to wonder if in the event of wealthy new owners would they keep any of the current management/coaching staff or players ? The sad answer was that I could not imagine one player who might keep his place, although on the bright side I saw Varney as CEO and Curbs as Director of Football. Well, I can dream.

Comments

• Options
    Very good point regarding Qatar, of course it may just be coincidence.
    This team is a reasonable bet for a play off spot, and maybe 3 signings from a possible chance of automatic.
  • Options
    Locked on fact Al Thani is the secret buyer.
  • Options
    Another connection for you...Mick Browne, our old academy manager is the head coach of the Aspire Academy here.
    Its the state of the art sports complex, centre, base, whatever in the country.... where Fergie took Man U last winter.
    You never know, but he might be planting seeds of thought to the Al-Thani's.

Oh, and me with my Charlton stickers on my car ;-)