Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done to Parky for apologising, at least....

"It was a terrible performance from us; I can't hide away from it. It's a performance I'm finding difficult to explain.

It wasn't three or four players who had an off day, everyone did. You can't say anybody played well. When that happens, there's normally an underlying reason. What that reason is, we'll have to sit down and search for it.

"We were flat from the first minute to the last. We made a couple of changes at half-time to try to give us a spark, but even the subs who came on didn't look right.

Apologies to our supporters.''

Comments

• Options
    Not Parky's fault today, he did not have to say sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Any manager takes the credit when his team wins and has to take the flak when they lose.

I thought it was to Parky's credit that he not only apologised but didn't try to offer any excuses. He didn't even hide behind the fact that we played on Thurs night and admitted he could not explain what had gone wrong.

I hope he finds out before Tuesday night. But I do commend both his honesty and his acceptance that there can be no excuses for a pile of sh**e like that.
  • Options
    Happens to the best of teams.

Well done for coming out Parky but after our run of form, everyone (nearly) is behind you.
  • Options
    well if he gets on a run similar to after the Brighton game then I doubt many will be moaning !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]well if he gets on a run similar to after the Brighton game then I doubt many will be moaning !

Oh im sure some will find a way.
  • Options
    fair play to parky very honest assessment , but what else could he really say.
  • Options
    you take the credit when you win and the blame when you lose thats the way it is as a manager

he had to say sorry thats the least i expected i wouldve sent the players back out at halftime and told them to sort it themselves and face up to it
  • Options
    Agreed, fair play for apologising for the performance. For all players to have a bad game you can't blame the manager completely. He tried to change things up, but that didn;t work either. None of the players seemed bothered. There was just nothing from any of them. Passing awful, ability to hold the ball awful, attacking play awful, defensive play awful.

Something was not right with the team. They just didn't look like the team they were last month.
  • Options
    Please tell me I am not the only person who feels sorry for Parky today? And the fact that he felt he had to say sorry aswell, really upsets me actually. By him doing this you can really see he really wants to be liked by us fans.

Again, not his fault one tiny tiny bit today. Parky deserves a big positive reaction at the next home game.
  • Options
    Fair play Parky
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    quote# 10
    Please tell me I am not the only person who feels sorry for Parky today? And the fact that he felt he had to say sorry aswell, really upsets me actually. By him doing this you can really see he really wants to be liked by us fans.

Again, not his fault one tiny tiny bit today. Parky deserves a big positive reaction at the next home

with you on that one mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: geecare[/cite]quote# 10

Again, not his fault one tiny tiny bit today. Parky deserves a big positive reaction at the next home

with you on that one mate

Glad you are, cheers mate
  • Options
    Fair play for being honest and apologising. However of course it's his fault. His players and he sends them out there. If they don't perform, for whatever reason, it's down to him.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    He can't be blamed totally and as has been said credit the man for not trying to blame two games in x days as would be easy to do, but there has to be SOMETHING up for not just the starting 11 but the subs as well to all play badly. Hopefully an off-day, won't be pointing fingers just yet but a positive reaction please Parky, don't squander the goodwill you've (rightfully) earned amongst many supporters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Fair play for being honest and apologising. However of course it's his fault. His players and he sends them out there. If they don't perform, for whatever reason, it's down to him.

I have to agree with this. It is more likely not his fault if one or two are having an off day but if the whole team are then its something to do with the managment and coaching staff. He was right to apologise because he sent them out there and if he didn't know something was wrong with the whole team then he doesn't know his players very well. You must be able to pick up either in training or in the changing room that the team is flat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]fair play to parky very honest assessment , but what else could he really say.

Well Pardew would have blamed the act that the Wallsall fans have the south stand,we did not support the team enough, the players did not follow instructions, the board refused to let him buy Ronaldo.

Very few managers are quite so open, especially when sections of the crowd have apparently sung yr a c!

To me 75% players fault 25% management.
  • Options
    Is it not possible that the players are unsettled by the takeover talk?

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but it does seem to happen at most clubs when there is some doubt about the ownership of the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]Is it not possible that the players are unsettled by the takeover talk?

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but it does seem to happen at most clubs when there is some doubt about the ownership of the club.

I doubt that very much. We hardly know a thing about it , so i doubt it has any affect. If anything , some of the players who's contacts run out in the summer should be pleased we are being taken over and should be putting in maximum effort otherwise they could be going down the same road as Grant Basey or Izale Mcleod.
    To be fair over the last couple of months we have been the form team in league one, Hopefully today was a blip.
  • Options
    Not much consolation, but we're still the form team in league one.
  • Options
    Maybe the players have found out who the new owners are and with that sort of financial backing, realise they will be out of a job in January and that was on their minds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]fair play to parky very honest assessment , but what else could he really say.

Well Pardew would have blamed the act that the Wallsall fans have the south stand,we did not support the team enough, the players did not follow instructions, the board refused to let him buy Ronaldo.

Very few managers are quite so open, especially when sections of the crowd have apparently sung yr a c!

To me 75% players fault 25% management.

dont agree with the people that called parky C--- not nice the blokes done ok with what he has at his disposal ,but he has got to do something in our rightback position because francis is absolute shite and i reckon most of us agree on here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]Is it not possible that the players are unsettled by the takeover talk?

my only thought was that maybe they know that Parky is going when the takeover is complete. That would certainly account for how flat they are. Incidentally I wouldn't be happy if that happened, he deserves a crack until the end of the season now.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

my only thought was that maybe they know that Parky is going when the takeover is complete. That would certainly account for how flat they are. Incidentally I wouldn't be happy if that happened, he deserves a crack until the end of the season now.

I doubt they KNOW anything, Large.

But it is quite possible that NOT KNOWING is enough to have unsettled them. It was admitted that the Zabeel saga unsettled the dressing room and it's quite possible the uncertainty is having a detrimental effect now.

The players don't know who their new employer is.

They don't know who their manager will be but are aware he is out of contract in six months.

They don't know if half of them are going to be replaced in the Jan window.

etc etc.

Not putting this up as an excuse. If Parky refused to make excuses for them, I'm not going to.

But uncertainty can gnaw at anyone and be quite corrosive. Especially as they probably had more time on their hands than usual after the announcement, with a week off due to the snow etc....
  • Options
    wow I agree with large for the second or third time this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

I doubt they KNOW anything, Large.

But it is quite possible that NOT KNOWING is enough to have unsettled them. It was admitted that the Zabeel saga unsettled the dressing room and it's quite possible the uncertainty is having a detrimental effect now.

The players don't know who their new employer is.

They don't know who their manager will be but are aware he is out of contract in six months.

They don't know if half of them are going to be replaced in the Jan window.

etc etc.

Not putting this up as an excuse. If Parky refused to make excuses for them, I'm not going to.

But uncertainty can gnaw at anyone and be quite corrosive. Especially as they probably had more time on their hands than usual after the announcement, with a week off due to the snow etc....

Fully agree with this, but wouldn't Parky have realised this himself though? He sounded genuinely baffled by the abject performance, he can't be that unaware surely?
  • Options
    The players should apologise, not Parky. It's the players who are suffering from stage fright in front of the home fans, not the manager. They should apologise by giving 100% %on Tuesday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]The players should apologise, not Parky. It's the players who are suffering from stage fright in front of the home fans, not the manager. They should apologise by giving 100% %on Tuesday

Totally agree!
  • Options
    Prsonally i dont think the players or PP should be demotivated by takeover ,they should in the short term be quite the opposite in that they should be playing for their jobs in order to impress potential new owners .This is an entirely diffent set of circumstances to Zabeel

The team have put in quite a few tired performances of late ,Luton at home for example,and this performance would preferably have ocurred away at brentford in paint pot trophy .Apart from the right back its a team thats taken us to 2nd in the table and and i think we should applaud and be grateful for that ,getting at the players is no way for a charlton fans to behave
  • Options
    Don't agree with the north upper songs or booing, would rather leave before that happened. But we have been pretty shocking at home (and to a lesser extent away) recently so can understand it. You can play crap for so long and get some results, but how many of our recent games, or games this season, have we played well?
  • Options
    Hats off to Parky for not trying to make excuses. Diffuclt to know what the problem was. Takeover? Perhaps but it can only be the not knowing. If the players knew the details I'm sure the news would have got out somewhere by now. Maybe the Luton game took a lot out of them? But it shouldn't have been that bad. There's no question something was very wrong. Parky said no one had a good game (though personally I thought Doherty generally played well enough and other than at the start Elliot did his bit and kept us just alive with the one on one save). But it was a woeful team performance. Glad to see he's gonna sit them down and talk it through as there's clearly something that's gone seriously wrong. Last time he did that we we went on a great run. I'm not suggesting we'll do it again but it really is at times like this a manager earns his corn and good teams bounce back.