Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray deserved better.

I started a new topic for this because I didn't want the sentiments behind it getting lost in the general recriminations post the Wallsall debacle.

Probably and hopefully (in a nice way) the game at The Valley against Wallsall was Mr. Murrays final home match before handing over the responsibility to owners new. What a crying shame that Parky and the players chose today and this match to deliver possibly the most inept display by a Charlton team in many years IMHO. Richard would have walked from his seat to boos and jeers for the team and manager. Not too important in the bigger picture perhaps but I just think he deserved a better ending.

Comments

• Options
    In some ways it was a fitting reflection of charlton over the years murray has been in charge. I blame the players today, not Parky and I would question the use of the word chose, i really don't think they chose to play that badly
  • Options
    Strange Murray never went on the pitch today prior to the game ... Just stood on the side.
  • Options
    Murray has never been anything other than 100% Charlton...legend for sure.

It was a bad way to end it but I'm sure (or at least hope) he knows how much he is appreciated by us lot. He'll still be there to see us playin champions league football in 5 seasons time under our new russian/continental/scottish/dubai/qatar/american owners!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lost Red[/cite]Murray has never been anything other than 100% Charlton...legend for sure.

It was a bad way to end it but I'm sure (or at least hope) he knows how much he is appreciated by us lot. He'll still be there to see us playin champions league football in 5 seasons time under our new russian/continental/scottish/dubai/qatar/american owners!

5 years. Always get pessimistic posts after a defeat ;0)
  • Options
    Unfortunately any prospective buyers there today will have run a mile after seeing that shower.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Strange Murray never went on the pitch today prior to the game ... Just stood on the side.

No, he actually went on the pitch to present the academy awards this afternoon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Strange Murray never went on the pitch today prior to the game ... Just stood on the side.

No, he actually went on the pitch to present the academy awards this afternoon

Which was unusual to say the least, the Maurice Hatter thing smacked of a thank you and goodbye
  • Options
    Agree it was a shame his tenure ended in that way.

I did say to my son "I wonder if he's had to buy a half-season ticket"!
  • Options
    Shame, out with a whimper
  • Options
    Richard Murray has deserved better for the past 5 years, not just today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh well, we'll just have to stuff Southampton on Boxing Day instead.
  • Options
    I'm sure he will make an appearance again when he hands over the reigns to out new multi millionare owners ;-). To be fair i wasnt even aware he was on the pitch at half time and i remained in my seat. perhaps i will still asleep after watching the match.
  • Options
    Who is to say that Richard Murray won't be on the pitch to introduce the new owners and pass the baton. Then both could get a big cheer.

Richard Murray is probably the person most responsible for the club's successes and failures over the past 18 years or so.
    It has been quite a ride for him, and for us.