Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This weather is getting right on my tits now

Forcast for the back end of next week is shite again, the dads from my boys u10 team are due to go ascot racing, I can't see this going ahead, this is after last year we went to folkestone races only for it to be frosted off 10 mins before racing was due to start.

I have had a massively busy year and it has just tailed off giving me a bit of time to relax, I was looking forward to december for Rochdale away and the horse racing and both look like they will go tits up, I am now really pee'd off.

I hope that anyone who lost their rail fares to rochdale don't lose hartlepools as well because the forcast is not looking at all good.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Always bemused at all the fuss when we get the first snow of the year. Albeit a beautiful sight to wake up to, the realities of the effects it has on this countries infastructure, soon bring everyone crashing back down to earth. Due to our geography any snow we get generally is always of the damp variety, melts quickly, refreezes overnight and over again till it is quickly just a mess and inconvenient. Anyone who has been in North America and seen the real stuff, it is almost like powder and temperatures and humidity are so low that you do not get the horrible damp after effects so quickly. Five or so years ago we arrived in Toronto on Christmas Eve morning, it was pissing down with snow. We all went straight to bed knackered but the flight had effected my body clock badly and I got up and was looking out of the 5th floor hotel window at 2am in the morning watching the local city council already clearing the roads with precision and purpose. They of course just get on with it because of its nature and regularity. Now when it messes with my football like last weekend I get pissed off, however I suppose this year even Medway looked beautiful for a couple of days,not a mean feat!
  • [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]however I suppose this year even Medway looked beautiful for a couple of days,not a mean feat!

yeah but they even nick Snowmen down there.
  • Looks like Hartlepool is going to be off then.

Going to have a busy schedule after xmas with Rochdale and Carlisle still to be re arranged aswell.

Weather getting on my nerves aswell, not just because of football.
  • edited December 2010
    I understand the womens motives though Large, she did in fact have a rather substantial stash of blow deposited in her snowmans Chatham pocket for safe keeping.....
  • Snowing today a bit here today & a bit chilly at -14 - but will get a few kms of cross country sking in later after work & then the proper downhill stuff on Sunday - love it!!
  • Bloody hate this English weather.

Nothing more depressing on a Monday than walking to work in the pissing down rain.

Monday moan finished.
  • Know what you mean, my cheap shoes were soaked through by 6.30 this morning, the train is all steamy and smells ofwet newspaper. Last summer was wrapped up in the birth of my little uns, I genuinely don't feel like I've properly seen any sunshine for over a year and a half now.
  • Lovely bright winter days here (Japan). Crisp and cold, but no rain. The same every year apparently.

I do not miss those train journeys. Horrible!
  • After several weeks of incessant rain that resulted in the tragic floods that hit south-east Queensland so badly we finally got out first really hot day of summer today.

About 30 degrees with a pure blue sky and barely a breath of wind, took the kids on the ferry to a nearby island and had a day on the beach.

Bloody tough out here at times.....
  • As I just said no one likes braggers.! ;-)

I have wet knees. Fact.

Pissing mondays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Poxy rain, from the knee down I'm saturated...
  • So bloody dark as well. Darkest I've known it in years.
  • the sun will be shining at Sparrows Lane this morning!
  • Back off to Oz shortly, cant come soon enough....I hate the greyness
  • At least we had a spot of sunshine yesterday morning - was nice to see. Obviously didnt last long but at least the rain stayed away mainly over the weekend... we have to be grateful for small mercies.
  • [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Back off to Oz shortly, cant come soon enough....I hate the greyness

yup its never grey in Australia
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Back off to Oz shortly, cant come soon enough....I hate the greyness

yup its never grey in Australia
    Having recently spent a fortnight in Melbourne in the height of summer I can assure you and everyone else that is not accurate. I had three days where the sun shone for more than an hour. The rest of the time it was grey and/or pissing it down.
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]At least we had a spot of sunshine yesterday morning - was nice to see. Obviously didnt last long but at least the rain stayed away mainly over the weekend... we have to be grateful for small mercies.

Was nice even popped down to Tescos in flip flops and shorts
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]As I just said no one likes braggers.! ;-)

I have wet knees. Fact.

Pissing mondays.[/quote]

Its been the wettest Summer here for around 100 years, it has rained probably six days out of seven since October.

My wifes' relatives came out from Kilkenny for their holiday of a lifetime in late November/early December and it pissed down for 20 of the 21 days that they were here.

They couldn't believe that they had travelled all that way from Ireland to be rained on incessantly!
  • Blimey the poor sods, just like being at home.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Having recently spent a fortnight in Melbourne in the height of summer I can assure you and everyone else that is not accurate.

Having lived in three cities in Australia, my comment was strictly tongue in cheek.
    Read an interesting article last year about how the weather influences the high suicide rates in Australia
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Having recently spent a fortnight in Melbourne in the height of summer I can assure you and everyone else that is not accurate.[/quote]

Having lived in three cities in Australia, my comment was strictly tongue in cheek.
    Read an interesting article last year about how the weather influences the high suicide rates in Australia[/quote]
    I don't think their cricket team are helping matters either.

OI!
  • After loads of rain over the past few weeks, it's been lovely here since Friday, temps up around the usual average for April!
  • Sunny day in Prague and in my heart :-)

There are not so many such days this time of year. Prague gets 'inversions: Low grey cloud trapped in the valley where the city is located, whereas 60 kms away it can be sunny and clear, especially in the mountains.

Ormiston are you in Queensland? Commiserations, if so. Sounds horrible.
  • Pissing down in Cornwall, as usual.

Wish I was back in Marseille, it's blue skies, sunny and warm, 17 degrees.

:o(
  • It may be winter outside but in my heart it's spring ;-))
  • edited January 2011
    It's a bit chilly in Thailand tonight. I swear it has dropped to around 20 centigrade.