Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Warsaw - 12/12/10 - Preview, Polls, News and Views

WSSWSS
edited December 2010 in General Charlton
One game down, two to go. The intensive run of three games in six days is undoubtedly going to have some physical effects on the players but it is essential we remember what the ultimate goal is this season. Promotion.

Sunday lunchtime’s game against Walsall was arguably the biggest game of the three prior to finding out we could have a bumper payday in North London and Parky needs to get the players up for the game against bottom of the league Walsall (who have only won once away all season).

Somewhere down the line Parky is surely going to have to mix things up in terms of personnel and with the rules governing team selection in the JPT could Sunday see some changes?

The argument is you don’t change a winning team (or one that hasn’t lost for 11 games…) but there could be a few swaps. We’ll just have to wait and see. Captain Dailly remains suspended so the back 5 is unlikely to change but there could be a chance for Reid to return to the fold although it’s unlikely after Waggy popped one in against Luton.

Parkinson bigged up Pawel Abbott after the Luton game so it’s possible he could be given a chance to start against Walsall considering Joe’s recent return from injury and Benno’s semi-dry run in front of goal.

We can’t let the prospect of Tottenham in the Cup derail our promotion bid and I don’t think it will. Comfortable 4-1 win on Sunday.

Come on you reds.

Comments

• Options
    Try and save Reid again for Tuesday, confident we can win by a couple we are on a roll and i'd be surprised if our 11 game unbeaten run came to an end here.

Hoping a few results go our way tomorrow, Brighton have got a tricky one.
  • Options
    Easy Charlton win : 2-1
  • Options
    League over the cups everyone knows that.

I don't think we played well last night but we won, Walsall are bottom so we should win but we don't seem to play as well at home than we do away. Hope that changes Sunday
  • Options
    1-0 Charlton, boring game.
  • Options
    Walsall win for superstitious reasons.

We should win though.
  • Options
    Consider Llera for Doc. Keep Jackson on left wing and Waggy on right but have Reid and Martin available if we need them. Stay with Anyinsah and Abbott up front (he looks hungry) and I think he made a definite difference last night.

We win 3-1.
  • Options
    Prior to the Luton match, the team had enjoyed nearly 2 weeks 'rest' ......so should be well capable of playing again on Sunday.

Benno picked up a knock last night, so he's probably doubtful - but if he's the only fresh injury, I'd keep the team exactly as it is but with a replacement for Benno (maybe Abbott). Super Sodj on the bench, along with Seip and most of the other regular 'splinters in the arse' regulars.

The Tuesday match at Brentford is the one where we might see a couple of changes though, especially with onlly 24 hours rest, but most of the team having to play 3 games in 6 days.
  • Options
    I usually worry when we are playing "weaker" opposiation, but i think they are a really poor side so i would be amazed if we don't beat them.

3 nil Charlton
  • Options
    Another 3 points on Sunday I am sure. 3-1 Charlton.
  • Options
    another pub team comfortably dispatched on our charge towards promotion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]another pub team comfortably dispatched on our charge towards promotion

Poor show. "pub team" is a given as you say it every week but what happened to its partner "this shite league" which you always mention.

I think you are slipping ; - )
  • Options
    I wont be saying pub team when we play spurs or brighton as for the league well it isn't rocket science

good to see our non league away support at a non league ground last night!
  • Options
    Elliot (hip) and Benson (jarred knee - gone for scan today) injury doubts
  • Options
    Benno said on Twitter he doesnt think its anything too serious and should be ok for Sunday.

I wouldnt risk him.
  • Options
    I though that Pavel Abbott came on, looked up for it and added something different. It's good to know that's in the locker. He's big, too - a good target man for the wide players. Maybe start him for one of these two games. Even though he scored I thought Waggy looked like he was lacking in confidence - in fact in the first half, both wide players looked out of the loop de loop.

Definite win on Saturday, not sure about Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Up the Addicks!
  • Options
    2-0 to the Addicks, comfortable but never spectacular.
  • Options
    Looks like Benson will be injured.

I would give Abbott a start, looked well up for it last night.
  • Options
    Should be a Comfortable win,let's hope so, i predict 3-1.
  • Options
    Abbott has a point to prove because I doubt when he signed he expected to be third or even fourth choice. I like players with a point to prove getting their chance. If Benson out then Pavel for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

good to see our non league away support at a non league ground last night!

Did you enjoy your trip last night. Hope you didn't get caught up in the traffic problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reid needs a start aswell. Get him back into the swing of things before spurs.
  • Options
    They will need to step up a gear from their first half display v's Luton or they could find themselves chasing the game and, although Walsall are bottom of the table, they should prove a stronger opposition than Luton were in the second half. If we need to rest players what about giving Siep a start instead of the Doc/Fortune, get Martin in for Waggy, who although scoring didn't seem to play well. Other than that I'd keep the side the same unless Benno is injured in which case Pawel or Akpo could come in.
    I've voted for a win......but maybe not as comfortable as others are hoping for.....2-1.
  • Options
    We need to rotate sensibly in this run of games . Which players could play 270 minutes of football in 3 days ?

I agree with Red Midland about Seip ,there seems no point in bringing him in if we do not play him at all in this cluster of games or the run of games between Xmas and New Year and this is the only game of the three he can play in . Last season he was good enough to be picked up by promotion bound Blackpool and a big CCC play off chasing side Sheffield United so he seems to have a good pedigree. On the plus side also we have Dailly to come back for the JPT.

Having heard Parky's Charlton Player interview , I'm concerned Robbie may be injured as well , I noted that Luke Daniels went to Rochdale on loan last week for an emergency so it may still be possible to pick up a locum keeper despite the window if Robbie's problems persist to provide extra cover.

Up front we could change it Abbott should be gagging for a chance as would Sodje so why not start with both with Benson ( if fit ) and Anyinsah on the bench with Martin as fall back options.

Also Fry and Jackson have Reid as a third member of the left footed / sided options . Reid needs to play some role over the next couple of games dependant on the fitness levels of his two colleagues.Martin provides options for Waggy , Mccormack for Racon and Semedo and Seip for Francis but as I said earlier only for this game.
  • Options
    I just don't agree with some of you regarding Reidy. although I admire his enthusiam but unfortunately he seems to unbalance the team. Benson hasn't scored lately because we have stopped getting the ball over in the penalty area early doors. Anyway, my vote goes to Walsall for a banana skin defeating and an exceptional boring match too boot....only because I'm in prawn sarnee seats on sunday.
  • Options
    after playing two games in three days, it may have taken its toll on the players, but then again, we didn't do much in the first half on thursday so we shouldn't be too tired!!!!

We ought to win, but it might be a combination of charlton tiredness along with walsall's raised game by playing a decent side in a premiership standard stadium - 1-1.
  • Options
    Have been away and have just logged on.

I see the title of this thread says we are playing Warsaw. How could that happen and what are the travel arrangements?
  • Options
    2nil to the warsaw massive

hope this keeps working
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Easy win for Charlton, 3-0, as now the snow is thawing, Warsaw will lose their advantage of being more familiar with the wintry conditions...

3-0 or better would also put the GD into double figures, which would be useful because the other four teams in the top five all have a double digit margin.

Llera in for Fortune or even Doherty for me. Otherwise same team.

Agree we look so much better balanced without Reid...
  • Options
    maybe bench Racon or Semedo, with the intention of bringing on at half time if needs be