Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1st ever Football shirt/Kit

2»

Comments

• Options
    Had hand me downs whilst young chelsea and arsenal etc. First charlton was 88 home. Got a moody one from woolwich market too mum had to sow the badge on, memories.
  • Options
    Sherington Road school team.

A big old blue and yellow canvas thing. Noah could have sailed his Ark with it.. Dave Rudd quote

Remember that material Dave, I think they got that material from an old sail of the Cutty Sark!

I claim to be the only wearer of a Charlton shirt at Sherrington at that time ( as you are aware) which I got from Nobles in Deptford.

I left Sherrington for a time and came back later due to my fathers work,

As I have posted before, I played in Charlton park, and Springfields, all bloody Westham and Gooners supporters I am afraid!

They did not make exact replica shirts in those days, but I think my grandfather who was a keen sportsperson was working for the council,
    and probably 'asked a favour' of the owner, and got something made up! (My great great grandfather owned the shop opposite which was a bootmakers!.)

Whatever, I was made up with this shirt, I even used to sleep in the thing!.

I think the first Charlton replica shirt was in club sport, in Woolwich, who could get lots of stuff if you had the money!....

I remember my team captain getting a white shirt with thin claret and light blue youths sizes to play in the first Charlton park 5 -a side- played behind Charlton House, from Club sports.

I loved it till I was told it was West ham reserves!..........

Probably in those days they were made up copies......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Charlton Home. 1979. Bukta Kit

same

Snap. Itchier than a dose it was but I loved it.
  • Options
    1995 Aston Villa Grey GK Kit.
  • Options
    Arsenal home kit circa 1984 when I started playing football.

Dont think you could buy a replica Charlton kit for my age at the time, either that or my old man didnt want me to be bullied