Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whats going on at Millwall ?

New chairman, new board, new manager, 15 new players, same sh*t.

Would be bottom if it wasn't for Rotherham's points deduction.

Comments

• I know great innit !....on a serious note, I've got no great dislike for Millwall as most of my mates are either Charlton or Millwall and not one of them go anywhere near the Den anymore which is a shame, it even gets boring on a sunday lunchtime taking the p*ss now cause none of them seem to care anymore.

Another relegation for them would be a disaster.

Thought I read a comment from Spackman the other day that they'd signed 19 new players in the close season !!, that is some turnaround
  • and rumour has it that 90% of them come through the same agent, who is also said to be Spackman's agent.

Lots of conspiracy theories about.
  • Falling revenue, a fan base that just doesn't seem to care anymore........ Bad times ahead at the Blue Seat Showroom
  • I see they were beaten by the 'mighty' Jills last night.....

Not looking good for our friendly neighbours is it.
  • Would be good if we drew them in the Cup this year, they need the money..!
  • and what about The Glaziers then? I'm sure I saw a quote from Mr Jordan saying that anything other than automatic promotion was unacceptable?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/table/
  • Understand that Spackman was sacked this afternoon.
  • Sacking confirmed on BBC site. Can I be the first to say Curbs to Millwall?

I know this is not the time to gloat when we are 2nd bottom but when you think that in 92 they were in a much better position than us in terms of crowds and the ground it really shows how do (us) and how not to (them) run a football club. WHen people moan about spending big, big name managers, push the boat out, etc, etc look at Millwall. We've taken enough risks as it is over the years but they have wasted so much money, had not stability at board or manager level and most importantly never siezed the opportunities that came along eg the FA Cup and UEFA.

And their Fan on the Board ripped off the Valley Express idea but never acknowldge my help!

Glaziers win two games and they are all over netaddicks like a rash. God bless Charlton Life.
  • This is interesting.

Bottle from Mr Wilkins even if he is surronded by police and stewards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWIoTKW_Lg
  • Sponsored links:

• wilkins was brilliant!
  • Fair play to him. Not many in football would bother to do that.......
  • edited September 2006
    curbs said he might be interested,wants to stay as far away from football as possible and that this is just right...

i'll get my coat...
  • Reminds me of the bit in Curbs' book when he recalls the abuse of the Millwall fans when he was leaving the ground after a match.

"Hope you die of cancer Curbishley"

Nice peeps
  • Just seen this article from Paul Parker. Though he knows little about Millwall, it gives a good steer on how the club is perceived from the outside by the football fraternity.

NIGEL Spackman is the latest manager to lose his job at Millwall and you have to ask where the problem really lies?

There have been so many people who have filled that role and failed in the last 10 years and you cannot simply say all of those managers have not been up to the job.

In some ways, I think being the boss of Millwall is almost as difficult as being the manager of one of the top four Premiership sides because expectation levels are so high.

Nigel has just been sacked after only winning one of his first 10 league games, whereas I don't even think that would happen at Chelsea or Manchester United.

It's amazing Millwall fans think as they do because they, as a club, have really done nothing and yet their supporters continue to demand so much.

Of all those managers who have been there in the last decade, there will not be many walking around today who have fond memories from the job.

Nigel didn't get much help from the supporters but then that has been the same for nearly everyone else who has been there.

If you are involved in professional football, either as a player or manager, then Millwall isn't a very attractive proposition.

If you lose a couple of games, you know you can expect a hostile reaction from the fans and nobody really wants to work in that environment.

What Millwall could really do with to get out of their current predicament is blend experienced players alongside some youngsters.

But what experienced player is going to want to join when you know you may end up facing hostility from your own fans every time you walk out on the pitch?

I see that Joe Royle has been linked with the job but I would be amazed if he took it.

Joe said one of the main reasons he left Ipswich when he did was because of the financial constraints he had to work under and I can hardly imagine things would be any better at The Den.

He could not even sign any new players until the transfer window opens in January and would have to make do with loan deals until then.

Ray Wilkins is another who has been linked although he is a similar kind of character to Nigel in being a true gentleman and has already experienced the wrath of Millwall fans before.

What Millwall really need is a former player who knows and understands what the club really means to the supporters and local community.

Somebody in the Keith Stevens or Terry Hurlock mould would fit the bill perfectly.
  • i don't really see anything wrong with previous managers,all done a terrific job.
  • i heard a nasty story from saturday, i think nigel spackman has an invalided child who was sat in the disabled section... the millwall fans aimed at abuse at spackmans and his child along the lines of that he couldnt even reproduce properly. I dont want to quote word for word as i heard it from a friend of a friend but its definitely true.
  • I've heard that that main man wanted by their fans is Stevie Gritt.
  • The Independent's media section has a big feature on their ad campaign - watch for snide comment about us from meeja arsehole Rod Liddle:

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article1778432.ece
  • Sponsored links:

• "What you don't want to do is to replace the image of Millwall, which is one of hostility, pride and belligerence. Frankly, your fellow supporters do not give a flying fuck for anyone else in the league or any sort of political correctness"

jesus christ! does this political correctness include racism, homophobia,, law and order etc.
    and this is from someone promoting our scaffolding friends from bermondsey.
  • Reading over someone's shoulder on the way home tonight, one newspaper suggests they want Lennie as their new manager.
  • How old is Lennie now? 60? Wouldn't want that as my last job...
  • Ten games without a win and four goals scored. New record this century. Must admit I thought Rowett had them nailed for an easy mid table with an outside shot at playoffs. Just a slump which they will turn around or something more pleasing ? Fans not surprisingly are not happy with either players or Rowett. Not had too much to laugh at their expense recently so I’m happy with this turn of events. 
    Still 8 points above the drop despite the poor run

A bad result today, they don't score many but are usually very solid at the back
  • Think i heard them say that there's only Sheffield United in the entire country who've gone longer without a win.

They'll be ok though, still a long way clear of the bottom 3.
  • Ten games without a win and four goals scored. New record this century. Must admit I thought Rowett had them nailed for an easy mid table with an outside shot at playoffs. Just a slump which they will turn around or something more pleasing ? Fans not surprisingly are not happy with either players or Rowett. Not had too much to laugh at their expense recently so I’m happy with this turn of events. 
    Still 8 points above the drop despite the poor run

A bad result today, they don't score many but are usually very solid at the back
    Sadly all true but there is always hope isn’t there ?
    Its funny because it wasnt long ago they had only 1 defeat in their first 9 and there were some people on here, not naming names Mortimer 😉😉 talking about Millwall getting into the play offs and possible promotion 

I said back then, that it was early in the season and they would eventually fall down its good to see they haven't now won since the end of October and are sitting 17th and 10 points away from 6th
  • 1 home win all season. I wonder if they're struggling a bit as a result of no fans at games?

Usually they'd create a decent atmosphere and get on the oppositions back, but since football resumed in June they've won 3 out of 14 at home.
  • 14 year thread bump?!