Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VIDEO: An Interview With Steve Brown - 23/11/2010

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Former Charlton legend Steve Brown provides a fascinating insight into his career at Charlton.

He reveals how he exaggerated an injury to avoid a red card which caused hundreds of Charlton supporters to throw catalogues onto The Valley pitch, his memories of the greatest Wembley final and the penalty shoot out.

Steve also speaks about his frustration at not playing alongside Richard Fufus for longer and the reasons why, his injuries, future plans and his opinion on the current Charlton team.

Terry Smith, Peter Finch & Phil Webster ask the questions

video

Comments

• Cheers Choice.

What a top top bloke.

Pardew didn't want him as he's solid, loyal and talks sense. Browny's better off out of that.

Nice to hear a former player actually wanting to come back to the club.
  • Thanks for posting. In my top three all time favourites. Good to hear him confirm that he always considered himself a centre half. I thought he was a fabulous cb and if he'd had a bit more pace, could he been in the England reckoning. His distribution, tackling, heading and reading of the game was superb not to mention his spirit and endeavor.
    I though Curbs treated him badly at times by dropping him after MOTM performances in favour of the donkey Tiler.
  • Great interview, his career could have lasted even longer if he went in goal for a few years at the end.

What a player though, also seems very knowledgable about football in general and would be great to see him back at the club as coach or manager one day. Come across very well.
  • A number of years a go the club offered an end of season special where you got to come along and have your pic taken with your favourite player and get a redbus shirt signed by all the players and a copy of the photo. I chose Steve Brown and he seemed genuinely surprised that a supporter would want to have his pic taken with him rather than one of the other first team. He seemed a genuine nice bloke.