Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

El Clasico

can almost hear this commentator putting on some lube over barcelona. My god its like he didnt know they were a brilliant footballing side.

Barca 2-0 up after 20 mins btw.

Comments

• Options
    What a quality game so far, been a few handbags last 5 minutes or so but Barca are just different gravy. Saying that I can see Real nicking one back on the break and making things interesting.
  • Options
    barca reminds me of the way charlton have played this season!! lol
  • Options
    Agreed feels like I'm reliving Peterbourgh away again lol
  • Options
    messi is different gear but i cant stand the little shit

all about xavi & iniesta for me
  • Options
    Rediculous booking for Ronaldo. Total over the top reaction from the Barca players to what was a trivial incident!
  • Options
    Barca looking as though there gonna run riot this half.
  • Options
    peterborough away makes this game look average!! lol
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    lol it sure does :)

3-0 game over for Real I think it will finish 5-0
  • Options
    make that 4-0
  • Options
    it will end 5-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dont even get me started on puyol.......
  • Options
    its 5!
  • Options
    Ramos, what a tackle and then slapped puyol lol
  • Options
    Didn't get 8, but 5 will do, you goofy, overrated c***
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Never had much time for Real Madrid but feel a bit sorry for Mourinho, absolute legend and I think he'll get his hands on that Champions League again but what an embarrassment his "team" were tonight... no manager can stop players from "defending" like schoolchildren. Players like Lucio and Cambiasso would be looking at this and wetting themselves.

Signing Benzema instead of Villa... like buying a Nova instead of a Porsche
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Didn't get 8, but 5 will do, you goofy, overrated c***
    Overrated? I know he is an absolute canute of the highest order but he is quite good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Didn't get 8, but 5 will do, you goofy, overrated c***
    Overrated? I know he is an absolute canute of the highest order but he is quite good
    There's the rub. 'Quite good'. Not in Messi's class.
  • Options
    It's been fun here in Barcelona tonight!
  • Options
    Nice on Chizz... do tell... did you get a ticket or just soaking up the atmosphere?
  • Options
    When guardiola lobbed the ball away from ronaldo and got a shove and then touched his head after being pushed on the chest ?? Why?
    Victor valdez wins cock of the night award for running 50 yards to give it for some apparent reason and carvalho is runner up for giving messi a sly dig that messi got booked for !
    Great slick football to watch and ronaldo is world class, obviously not as good as the maestro messi but he got to 50 madrid goals quicker than di stefano or puskas which aint too bad a thing to have on your cv !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    Yes. there's World Class and then there's the class that Messi is in all by himself.

Barcelona play beautiful football. A shame the £400m of debt is going to catch up with them soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Oh so he is only the 2nd best player in the world at the moment, I can see why you think he is overrated
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Oh so he is only the 2nd best player in the world at the moment, I can see why you think he is overrated
    He's not even the third best player in the world. Xavi and Iniesta are far better than he is.
  • Options
    I guess it's how you identify what makes the best player in the world? For me he is better than both of those, based on his phenomenal goal scoring record and that without him Real aren't nearly as good. Without Iniesta or Xavi Barca can still operate quite comfortably. Both are very good players and I enjoy watching them (and are quite clearly better human beings than Ronaldo).

You clearly have an issue with Ronaldo so whatever I say won't change your mind but even if you do put those 3 above him then he is still one of the best players in the world, to be one of the best in the world at any time I would disagree is overrated but hey ho.
  • Options
    I don't have an issue with Ronaldo as a footballer. He's clearly very, very good. However, he isn't (and, aside from about six months at ManYoo) never has been 'the best player in the world'. And he IS overrated - hopelessly so. You put him in Blackpool's team and he would struggle. Put Xavi, Iniesta or Messi in Blackpool's team and they would still look like the best players in the world.

And another thing - I'm pissed off hearing about Barca's debt. The reason the bank loan was taken out this summer was because the old president did it to try and get his candidate through the election (buying Villa before the world cup, as he believed his value would rocket afterwards (he would have been right!!)). Prior to this loan, Barca had one of the lowest loan levels in top flight European football (approx 30 million euros). The outgoing president had several plans to repay the loan well ahead of the schedule imposed on it by the bank, but the new president has pooh-poohed all of them in an increasingly transparent attempt to make Laporta look bad. In reality, Barca made more money than ever before last year, but the success of the team on the pitch has, perversely, led to a negative impact on finances because Begiristain (quite sensibly) renegotiated all player contracts a few seasons ago so they are extremely incentivised (cutting down on the spectre of players pocketing loads of cash without achieving any success). Who would have known Barca would win absolutely bloody everything in 2008/2009, and have so much success in 2009/2010?
  • Options
    Watched Forest v Crisps instead. Can't stand top flight football, especially when it's Spanish!!
  • Options
    Real were outstanding last night, all over the pitch.
  • Options
    Leroy - i know you're obviously biased towards Barca but Xavi and Iniesta are not better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo ran the show for Man Utd, changed leagues and runs the show for Madrid. He's got something like 52 goals in 55 games for Madrid.

A serious question though about the debt. If they have so many members, are owned by the fans, get 90k each home game, have a huge turnover, most of their side is homegrown and they win almost every trophy going, how has the debt got so bad?

CafcAndy - if you don't enjoy watching Barca play then you can't like football. They are one of the best teams of all time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I don't have an issue with Ronaldo as a footballer. He's clearly very, very good. However, he isn't (and, aside from about six months at ManYoo) never has been 'the best player in the world'. And he IS overrated - hopelessly so. You put him in Blackpool's team and he would struggle. Put Xavi, Iniesta or Messi in Blackpool's team and they would still look like the best players in the world.

Im not so sure about that mate. I thought man u's team was pretty ordinary but he managed over 40 goals for them in one season. The goals he scores are either screamers or skill and pace....so basically classed as solo attempts. Personally i rate Xavi and Iniesta higher as they are complete players both defensively and attacking but i still think you put Ronaldo in Blackpools team he will still score for fun.