Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

josh mcqoid

Bournemouth striker whos been banging goals in this season has signed for scumwall on loan.seems a bit of a strange one for me.may seem them drop down the league now though

Comments

• Options
    Can only be good for us!
  • Options
    The loan system has become a joke. He'll be signing a full contract when the 'January window' opens
  • Options
    It's effectively a transfer 'subject to contract'. As above I don't exactly think this was intended when the system was introduced and I think it needs looking at.
  • Options
    Anyone else get the feeling that we'll be reading about a winding-up petition on Bournemouth in the next few weeks?
  • Options
    No, not at all. Bournemouth are finally getting their house in order. They turned down 2 bids from Mlllwall. McQouid was adamant he wanted to go. Same old story.
  • Options
    OK, if you say so. I hope you're right. Between McQuoid and Pitman they reminded me a bit of Plymouth's late flurry of loaning out big earners in advance of the bad news. I put those 2 alongside their history and got 5.
  • Options
    Amazing that they let him go, the amount of goals he has scored recently for them
  • Options
    Blimey! Just seen this. Was at the Bournemouth game midweek and he scored another cracker and looks well capable of making the jump up to the Championship. I'm very suprised at the timing though. Gutted for my Bournemouth supporting friends who thought all their Christmases had come at once after they were able to move him in from a wide positions to replace Pitman so successfully.

On the other hand it basically means Bournemouth are finished as promotion contenders IHMO so in theory good news for us. Rumour down here is that a £1.2m deal's been done for Janaury and it's basically his agent who's engineered the move this season.

On the other, other, hand he should be a good partner to Morrison and no one wants to see that lot doing well...

As Olly says Bournemouth are in a better financial position now than they've been for many, many, years.
  • Options
    Lots of talk of millwall getting more strikers in, they had offers for the swindon guy turned down, whats happened to Lisbie?
  • Options
    How anyone can play for those miscreants, I'll never know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]How anyone can play for those miscreants, I'll never know.

Cause they get paid to,maybe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Lots of talk of millwall getting more strikers in, they had offers for the swindon guy turned down, whats happened to Lisbie?

They have a few injured strikers, Lisbie, Harris & others.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Amazing that they let him go, the amount of goals he has scored recently for them

As with Brett Pitman going to be out of contract and it's a case of getting some money while they can. Bournemouth still have massive debts and the money they get from McQuid will keep them afloat.

I hear that the fee will be around £500k though, not £1.2m.