Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

refs on strike

Next weekend in Scotland. Apparently annoyed with the criticism they are receiving. Any Scottish addicks know anymore

Comments

• edited November 2010
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9214212.stm

Don't see the point of striking tbh, what is it going to achieve? I agree with the principle because the sfa are giving them no protection but i cant see how a strike will change the perception that they are crap!

Saying that I know everyone is critical of the fa for the half arsed job it does of defending referees, but they are a million times better than the SFA. Some of the stuff Lennon and Celtic have come out with is downright offensive!
  • In fairness I don’t really blame them – the fallout from the Dundee United v Celtic game was just ridiculous with officials (Craven the linesman) having him and his families lives threatened, people coming up to them in the street etc all the while the SFA are covering their backs. It’s one thing singing “you’re not fit to referee” and then moaning about the referee down the pub after the game. But threatening his and his families safety is bang out of order and the SFA should be doing more to protect referees in Scotland. Add to this the general criticism of referees which now seems to be Scottish managers default position after a game, even if they have won, and you see that the SFA really do have a case to answer for. I’m naturally dis-inclined to strike action, however I feel the Scottish referees have a strong case in this instance.

I wish some of the Scottish supporters and managers could see the dross we have to put up with in League One !!
  • The word on the street up here in Scotland is a bit awkward and If I told what is happening I d probably chucked off the website and even have legal action taken against me.Its nothing new and is allegedly to do with the age old sectarian bias that has been ramped up recently.
  • Is that enough allegedlies or do need a few more?
  • a few more
  • But didn't the ref admit to lying about the reason for giving a decision. Celtic called for him to be banned which sounds reasonable to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]But didn't the ref admit to lying about the reason for giving a decision. Celtic called for him to be banned which sounds reasonable to me.

I don't speak Jock, so I must have misheard that they wanted him "burned" not "banned". :)