Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the most scared you have ever been

Comments

• Options
    All the very best for your little girl NLA.
  • Options
    Best regards to you and the family.
  • Options
    We're all with you NLA. Keep us updated.
    Good luck McB.
  • Options
    I don't know you NLA but I feel your pain mate, my little girl choked 2 years ago when she was 2, was so scared like you I froze as she turned blue, the look of fear in her eyes as tried to call out for me and then when I couldn't remove what was stuck all I could do was hold her and watch her turn from blue to grey and then go limp and close her eyes- jeez I still well up in the dead of night if I think about it too much!
    That ambulance took it's time!

All turned out good though, we found out we were expecting another the week after!

Thoughts are with you, take care!
  • Options
    Good luck NLA
  • Options
    best of luck NLA, stay stong!

my story was just a weird/creepy situation. Me and my friends were on a road trip when we ran out of gas about 2 miles from our exit. So as we r walking, a beat up white truck stops and asks if we needed a ride to a gas station. for some reason, we said yes and jumped into his car. Things began to act really shady when he didnt have rear seats in his van and we had to sit on the floor. My heart started to beat like crazy. then he locked the doors on us. OH SHIT!

We got to the next exit and when he had to pay a small 30cent toll, this friendly humanitarian got out of his car and started scouring the floor and toll booth for loose change! r u serious, i thought to myself... We approached the visible gas station and i started to get more relaxed... until he jerked his van onto a small winding road headed into the darkness away from the visible gas station. "Where the F are u goin man" i stated.... "to a cheaper gas station" he proclaimed.... At this point i am looking at my friends saying lets jump out and roll. All at once, we pry the lock, open the side door all jump out of the van and roll away from the vehicle. This guy just continued to drive...

Right now we are all three stranded, cut up, bruised and scared shitless in the middle of the dark on some random dirt road. The van never stopped and just kept driving. From there we jogged about a half mile to the gas station, watching our backs with fear and filled up. Scariest time of my life. i still have scars on my leg from the roll out of the moving van.
    By the way, this is an amazing story and totally deserves re-reading!
  • Options
    at the the birth of my first daughter

and holding my dying father in my arms seeing his final breath leaving his body
  • Options
    at the the birth of my first daughter

and holding my dying father in my arms seeing his final breath leaving his body
    The same for me.

• Options
    I don't know you NLA but I feel your pain mate, my little girl choked 2 years ago when she was 2, was so scared like you I froze as she turned blue, the look of fear in her eyes as tried to call out for me and then when I couldn't remove what was stuck all I could do was hold her and watch her turn from blue to grey and then go limp and close her eyes- jeez I still well up in the dead of night if I think about it too much!
    That ambulance took it's time!

All turned out good though, we found out we were expecting another the week after!

Thoughts are with you, take care!
    That made me shudder.
    Something for any new dad to consider is a first aid course,.These can usually be done through work but it's worth paying for one just for the extra bit of confidence they give.

One of my scariest moments. My son hid from me in a supermarket, just for a minute but it made me nearly sick.
  • Options
    Good luck NLA, by the time Carlisle she'll be up and about no doubt and we can have a celebration drink on the train.

All the best McB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the best NLA and McB. As a parent myself, I will have positive thoughts for you all and wait for good news soon. My brother had major surgery on his kidneys when he was younger and it had amazing benefits for him. All the best.
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you NLA.
  • Options
    Hope all goes well.

Nothing worse than seeing you lil un ill and not being able to heplp yourself.
  • Options
    Hope all goes well NLA
  • Options
    Hope all goes well guys your in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    @NLA all the best, I am sure she is in good hands.
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little girl.

As a father of 3 myself I know how worried you must feel.
  • Options
    all the best nla.

all the best McB.
  • Options
    being scared of what might happen to yourself is one thing being scared for a loved one--thats hell. Good luck and all the best for your little one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the best NLA, and McB, looking forward to good news from you both
  • Options

Best wishes NLA & McB
  • Options
    Reading this thread puts things in perspective! For me there's only one serious one - standing over my best mate in hospital with the nagging feeling that he wouldn't wake up (he didn't) is as bad is it has gotten, at least until March51 ended up in there (he DID wake up, clearly!). Worth a shout out to all you guys for the support at the time - I spent most of my time reading your messages out to him. That was brilliant, truly.

- Meanwhile, being on a plane that aborted a landing just as it touched down in a storm was the most immediate, visceral fear of my own death.

- Going into a high-profile employment tribunal as a key witness knowing the truth was not... feasible... was the worst pit-of-the-stomach feeling ever. They got the right decision for the wrong reasons, but I was cleared of any wrongdoing! The fools!
  • Options
    well we are finally reaching the end of things now i hope, after nearly a year and a half of going in and out of the hospital system, Scarlett goes to Great |Portland street in a couple of hours to have a an operation on her left kidney, and have part of it removed and then the tube reatched, going to be a long night, the operation is quite a long one, and i must admit i am bricking walking down and handing her over to a surgeon,

needed the pick up of 3 points turesday , been a long week waiting,

good luck my princess daddy loves you
    Can assure you that each and every poster/member on CL is with you and your family. We're thinking positively with heart felt thoughts.............. every inch of the way.
    Keep us posted nla.

Soundas has said it already. Will be thinking of you and Scarlett, Buddy

my very best wishes NLA
  • Options
    Good luck to you and yours, NLA & McB; all the best.
  • Options
    Scarlett has come out of surgery and early indications are good big thanks from all the family for everyones kind wishes
  • Options
    Great news Ed, just started reading this thread again and have had to skip a load of posts as I was finding it too upsetting.

Please pass on my regards to Dal.
  • Options
    A nice piece of news to finish the day...........incredible stuff they can do nowadays, what a wonderful thing it is to be a surgeon and to give folk a new purpose and meaning to life.
    All will be well I'm sure and a new chapter can and will be written............good luck little lady.
  • Options
    Best wishes NLA, hope everything goes well.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited March 2012
    There are some very moving posts on this thread. To NLA, McB and whoever else is going through worrying things at the moment - Stay strong. Stay positive. :-)