Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Puncheon

Soton have offloaded him to Millwall on loan.

getting a player out the building after a fall out, or first signs that maybe Soton are having to cut their cloth following the death of their Swiss backer ?

Comments

• according to one Saints forum:

Strange move.........but, strong rumours of him being unsettled, and having a poor attitude.
  • A common theme for Pardew signings.

Of course it could be - and football fans often miss this - purely commercial. He might be on a big wage and Milwall might be paying a fee and this deal might let them get in someone else in a position their manager sees as more of a priority. A lot of folk think loans are free because there's not a fee that gets thrown about. They're usually anything but. Maybe he wanted to be in London for some personal reasons. I'd not read a lot into it, at this stage.
  • Strange one as he is not champ class. Is a player that appears to win you matches at home when you're playing well, but dissapear in the difficult matches.

Millwall have enough attacking quality they need a second reliable champ cm.
  • [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Strange one as he is not champ class. Is a player that appears to win you matches at home when you're playing well, but dissapear in the difficult matches.

Millwall have enough attacking quality they need a second reliable champ cm.

They have loads of injuries in the final third though, and their home form has dropped lately so I imagine they hope he can rectify those. Good signing for the spanners I think
  • I highly doubt he will make it in The Championship, he had been awful this season and lost his place to a 17 year old who has done far better.

Disappointed in Puncheon if I'm honest, Puncheon was quality when he first came. Looked very good and wasn't scared to take on players. There are things coming out of St. Mary's that suggest he had a argument with the management team and began to sulk, wouldn't personally want that type of player around if that is true.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]I highly doubt he will make it in The Championship, he had been awful this season and lost his place to a 17 year old who has done far better.

Disappointed in Puncheon if I'm honest, Puncheon was quality when he first came. Looked very good and wasn't scared to take on players. There are things coming out of St. Mary's that suggest he had a argument with the management team and began to sulk, wouldn't personally want that type of player around if that is true.
    Good point. You've already got rid of one smarmy, sulking, prima donna tosspot this season.
  • Puncheon seems to be an excellant player in L1 , but has a point to prove in the CCC. I think this is a good signing for the Lions.

Millwall don't have Left sided balance up pitch since Dave Martin left at the start of the year . Hackett , Henry and Schofield are all right footed and Barron has displaced Craig as Left Back. Although Carter is left footed he is a midfield player not a wide man .Puncheon offers them something different rather like Reid has done for us .
  • At least it'll keep them away from Reid!
  • Millwall fans seem fairly happy with it, can't say that I'm leaping for joy.

Sounds like he is a proper arrogant mug, but what do you expect with someone from Croydon.

We're struggling to score and create at the moment especially with so many strikers out so hopefully he'll create a bit.

& we're signing Calvin Andrew from Palace...whoever he is, emergency loan. Will be interesting to see what he's like if he plays at Boro Saturday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite] Sounds like he is a proper arrogant mug,

He should fit in perfectly with your support then ;-)

Strange how he's gone off the boil so quickly though, he was in the league one team of the season last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Attitude has always been a problem with Puncheon. He originally had a fall out with Danny Wilson at MK Dons before Paul Fairclough gave him a chance at Barnet. He was awesome for us but there were still times when he was lazy and didn't look bothered. In general though I think Fairclough got the best out of him, I'd have thought by now Jason would have learnt to sort it. A shame cos he's a great player, if he gets his head down again he should do well at Milwall.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Sounds like he is a proper arrogant mug,

Strange how he's gone off the boil so quickly though, he was in the league one team of the season last year.

He's played 17 games for them this season, so I wouldn't say he's gone off the boil at all, he's been playing. Just sounds like he's had a bust up down there.

Signed Frank Nouble as well from west ham on loan.
  • He turned his back on a verbally agreed deal with us as we were told we couldn't sign anyone for 24 hours. Glad he didnt come as we wouldn't have Reid.
    Parky told me Jason offered himself to us for peanuts.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Sounds like he is a proper arrogant mug,

He's played 17 games for them this season, so I wouldn't say he's gone off the boil at all, he's been playing. Just sounds like he's had a bust up down there.

Further up this thread, Saints fan said he's been awful and lost his place.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

Further up this thread, Saints fan said he's been awful and lost his place.

I know, he has still played 14 of their 16 league games though. Other Saints fans have said he's been doing well. Probably a mix of both.
  • Sounds a typical Pardew signing - taking a chance on a player who has shown a bit of form but doesn't really fit into the team or they way it's played. Understandably he's fed up, has had an argument or two and consequently he's not pulling his weight and the Saints have off-loaded him and part of his salary. They can afford to.
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]according to one Saints forum:

Strange move.........but, strong rumours of him being unsettled, and having a poor attitude.

And he's CRAP!!!!!!!!! wouldn't want him with us.
  • scored on his debut for them....
  • Yes puncheon is so crap?!?!
  • [cite]Posted By: barnet88[/cite]Attitude has always been a problem with Puncheon. He originally had a fall out with Danny Wilson at MK Dons before Paul Fairclough gave him a chance at Barnet. He was awesome for us but there were still times when he was lazy and didn't look bothered. In general though I think Fairclough got the best out of him, I'd have thought by now Jason would have learnt to sort it. A shame cos he's a great player, if he gets his head down again he should do well at Milwall.
    Come on bee, learn from Saintsfan. Incoming players are world beater, ones who have left are non-redeemable shyte. Stop being reasonable, please.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2010

I wouldn't pay much attention to team of the season, there is no way Puncheon done better than Lallana last season.
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]scored on his debut for them....
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Yes puncheon is so crap?!?!

He's had a good start, hopefully he can continue that so we can have some extra money to spend in January.
  • why on earth are The Nigels singing

he's one of our own
    he's one of our own
    oh Jason Puncheon
    he's one of our own
  • He's from Croydon.
  • why on earth are The Nigels singing

he's one of our own
    he's one of our own
    oh Jason Puncheon
    he's one of our own

He's a palace fan. Maybe that is why.