Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sam Sodje...

Set to sign for Notts.

What can we expect from him?

Cheers everyone.

Comments

• a lot of effort, full blooded tackles the odd goal a month out with a knee injury, 4 red cards,

but he will be a firm fans favorite and a firm fans divider

i loved him
  • A frustrating player, who will have some great games, but spend far too long on the sidelines through suspension or injury.
  • edited January 2011
    Dodgy knees. Sheff W turned him down due to being unfit, as did we in not renewing his contract.

Good in the air, quick , rash.

I'd have him back if he would be fit. But he won't be, so best of luck to you.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]a lot of effort, full blooded tackles the odd goal a month out with a knee injury, 4 red cards,

but he will be a firm fans favorite and a firm fans divider

i loved him

This
  • What can you expect? Red cards, that's what.

Oh, and the odd bullet header goal from a corner.
  • Nutter.

Will spend most of his time injured or suspended.
  • no holding back in 25/75 tackle
  • Nutter, one of my favourite players last year, would be championship player if he had a cooler head, and legs that wernt crocked.
  • Will head the ball when it is a foot off the ground, will give his all and the fans will generally appreciate him. Also a threat from set pieces.

However he is almost guaranteed a red card a season, his knees are dodgy and he is capable of a real howler.

You could do worse however.
  • Quick, great leap, skillfully for a centre back, great athlete, threat from set peices, rash, a bit reckless, a bit injury prone.wholehearted
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh. And a top top bloke
  • Good player for us when he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes. But, as has been said, he's crocked. I wish you luck with him.
  • Loved him. Quick as well as what's been said above.
  • But don't forget, Ledley King, Paul McGrath have all been crocked central defenders who have been managed between games
  • Great Player done a amazing flip flap against Millwall Will be missed!
  • Put some money on him to score the first goal in every game he plays you should come out on top by the end of the season.
  • Scores goals, will get sent off occasionally. Good centre back for this level.

Shame he has a dodgy knee which means we could never get a proper run out of him
  • signed a contract until the summer of 2012. Maybe he sent along a brother for a the medical ;-))
  • Surely has to go lower league now, but if he turns up anywhere within reach I will be there for sure, and having a bet on first goal scorer. Had a lovely touch on him last time, but the term Loose Cannon was made for him.
  • The county fella ain't that bothered asked a question and didn't come bk
  • Sponsored links:

• Young Ince and Darby go on loan from Liverpool to county
  • From the Dottigub Post, update on Sam:

NOTTS County are frustrated Sam Sodje has played only five minutes since moving to Meadow Lane more than two months ago but the club's assistant boss Alex Rae says the defender is now fit.

Sodje, 31, was the first signing made by Magpies boss Paul Ince at the start of November on a deal until June next year.

He was not match-fit when he joined the League Two champions because he had not played since leaving Charlton Athletic at the end of last season, and his only appearance so far for Notts was as a late substitute in their FA Cup first round win against non-league Gateshead.

He has not been in the Notts squad since their league defeat at Exeter City on November 13.
    Stay one step ahead of the winter weather

Rae revealed Sodje's attempts to get fit have been badly hit by the recent wintry weather because he is unable to train in the gym due to a long-term knee injury.

"Sam has been training with us and he's getting fitter and fitter all the time," said Rae.

"The problem is we were not able to train outside for a long period and he can't do a lot in the gym because of his knee."
  • Alex Rae?

Hiss!
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Dodgy knees. Sheff W turned him down due to being unfit, as did we in not renewing his contract.

Good in the air, quick , rash.

I'd have him back if he would be fit. But he won't be, so best of luck to you.

I think it's fair to say we called it right :-)
  • Yes, a shame though becuause a fit Sam Sodje would be just what we need right now! A fit Youga would be nice too and a fit Anyinsah!!!
  • He comes from Nigeria,
    He'll probably murder ya.

Hit and Miss.
  • Bet he'll be fit on Feb 25th, bound to score a header.