Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday night curry !

99 out of a 100 Saturdays I have a takeaway Ruby. Pop down to Cafe Eltham and sit in drinking a couple of bottles of complementary Cobras while it's being cooked and then home for the meal and zn ice cold beer. How many other lifers have a standard Saturday night and what does it include for you ?

Comments

• Options
    Tonight is a non-standard Saturday night - taking the kids (3 & 6) to a haunted house this evening, it look absolutely terrifying in the adverts! They are insisting on going though!!
  • Options
    I treated the missus to a celebratory ruby tonight. If she's lucky she might be getting salami for desert.
  • Options
    Saturday night is curry night for me and chinky for the wife

As soon as my daughter goes to sleep I'll be trawling the 9 menus searching for something new
  • Options
    I'm having. Marks tikka masala. Just waiting to put my little one to bed. I cycle past eltham cafe on the way back from the valley. Used to enjoy a few beers in the welcome inn then over there in the old days. Have a cobra dupe me, I have some peroni to go with mine and ill be toasting waggy and the doc
  • Options
    Trying to make the decision now now between a house special chow mein with king prawn foo yung or a rogan josh pilau rice etc. Mulling it over now with a Spitfire!
  • Options
    I just made a chicken balti, very nice!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]I'm having. Marks tikka masala. Just waiting to put my little one to bed. I cycle past eltham cafe on the way back from the valley. Used to enjoy a few beers in the welcome inn then over there in the old days. Have a cobra dupe me, I have some peroni to go with mine and ill be toasting waggy and the doc

Do you sit in the Upper West superclive?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    For the first time in ages, am staying in having a curry. Not ordered yet but am a big fan of a Chicken Madras.
  • Options
    Yep, Little India, Station Square Petts Wood.
    Wifes choice tonight so it will most likely be a little bland.
  • Options
    Lucky enough to marry a lovely Indian girl many moons ago, so homemade curries from proper Indian recipes handed down from her late sister are on the menu 2 or 3 times a week. Tonight diced chicken breast biryani made with cardamom pods, garlic, basmati rice, whole cloves, bay leaves etc, etc. Nice. Charlton won, and it's my birthday as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]I'm having Marks tikka masala.

He'll go mad when he finds out !

Funds are tight of late so the takeaway has been replaced by the Supermarket ready meals. Morrisons Chinese tonight. Nice, but not the same.

happy birthday mistrollingin, hope those two lads spoil you (well, at least remember !)
  • Options
    Cheers Smudge, Mandy, Ben and Joe have done me proud as usual. Hope your little 'uns are well.
  • Options
    I do off it. Why's that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]I do off it. Why's that

Ha ha - reckon I know who you are then (by sight, not by name)

Do you cycle back along Broad Walk then go up the path the cemetary and across into Westmount Road? If that's you then you looked like you were struggling a bit as you got to the top of the hill opposite where the Welcome Inn used to be today - mind you not that I can blame you, I get out of breath going up that hill in the car!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]I do off it. Why's that

Ha ha - reckon I know who you are then (by sight, not by name)

Do you cycle back along Broad Walk then go up the path the cemetary and across into Westmount Road? If that's you then you looked like you were struggling a bit as you got to the top of the hill opposite where the Welcome Inn used to be today - mind you not that I can blame you, I get out of breath going up that hill in the car!

You could have dropped in and picked up this bear that belongs to you, or whisper me your address and I'll drop iiit round ;)
  • Options
    Yup that's me mate. Are u in the west upper too? I went straight up shooters hill today though then right at the police station o usually do broad walk though
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Yup that's me mate. Are u in the west upper too? I went straight up shooters hill today though then right at the police station o usually do broad walk though

Yeah, I'm in the West Upper - P block.

Hmm, maybe it's not you then - fella I saw (and usually see) definitely went down Broad Walk today and up the path next to the cemetary.

That's almost a bit of a relief - don't want you to think I'm stalking you or owt!
  • Options
    Haha ah its not me then. I left the valley about 530 today so was later. I know cheers a bloke who sits near me who cycles too. Good stuff as I didn't think I was struggling to much up shooters hill ;-)
  • Options
    Lamb Bhuna from he Blue Bengal in West Wickham, with Saag Panir on the side-mmmmmm. Washed down with a couple of bottles of Tyskie.
  • Options
    normally have some sort of takeaway (pizza/kebab)
    tonite im sitting down with the family having a doner