Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fireworks - Not November the 5th, whats the feckin point ?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
WTF ! last night some tosser over the back of us decided to have a jolly with what must of been 600 tonnes of high explosive mistakingly sold as common or garden fireworks.

Now having pets as we do, we then spent the rest of the evening watching 3 petrified cats darting about the house for cover and generally shitting themselves because some knob with more money than sense decided to let EVERY fucking one within 5 miles know that he and his lard arse had made it to 40 or some such stupid shit.

Fireworks are for bonfire night November the 5th and maybe New Years night at a pinch. What is this modern fucking obsession for trampling over our more treasured rituals and notable dates?

Halloween next, the feckers !

Comments

• Maybe they were celebrating the takeover?
  • Fireworks here in the Village are this Saturday....seems weird to me...
  • Isn't it Divali at the moment?
  • the hindu celebration?
  • dont that start on the 6th of november another reason why the fireman rightly chose to strike over that weekend maximum affect
  • Diwali goes on for a week I think, but didn't think it started until next week. Loads going off in Dartford tonight as I was walking home.
  • Something that always bugs me is why do people let off fireworks during the day? Am I missing something?
    Often get it this time of year, but was at work today andcould hear loads of fireworks banging and rocketing for a good hour. I've always thought its a massive waste of money but at least at night you can see the damn things.