Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dog poo

edited October 2010 in Not Sports Related
Is it just me or is there less of it on the streets these days?

Comments

• I have just got a dog so only recently Ben taking it out for walks and certainly the mean streets of Shooters Hill are refreshingly dog poo free. So perhaps dog owners have at last become more responsible in their actions. There are also hardly any unattended dogs roaming the streets these days.
  • Think it depends where you live.

Recently had the pleasue of moving away from a more undesirable part of Bexley Borough where you couldn't move for Staff's shit. A lot of it is down to who is walking the dog. These clueless teenagers couldn't give a toss about clearing up after their status mutt. Older people are more caring, actually praising their dog for doing a nice, neat pile of poo making it easy for them to clear up.
  • Floyd Road is terrible for it. At night I walk in the road to avoid the piles that hide in the shadows. Dunno how dog owners can just let their animal have a dump and leave it there in the middle of the pavement. It's astonishing.
  • its the white dog poo you dont see anymore. they are being driven out of their local parks and alleys.......
  • Not where I live! Skidded about 10 feet down the pavement a few weeks ago on a constrictor of a dog turd that was lurking on the sidewalk.

Ruined my trainers. Couldn't bring myself to clean them - binned them - they were not worth subjecting myself to scrape it off!

I'm actually starting to wonder whether it was human - the size of it - disgusting bstard!!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]its the white dog poo you dont see anymore. they are being driven out of their local parks and alleys.......

I agree. It's poo-litical correctness gone mad
  • [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Not where I live! Skidded about 10 feet down the pavement a few weeks ago on a constrictor of a dog turd that was lurking on the sidewalk.

Ruined my trainers. Couldn't bring myself to clean them - binned them - they were not worth subjecting myself to scrape it off!

I'm actually starting to wonder whether it was human - the size of it - disgusting bstard!!

LOL!
    It was that big you never saw it?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Not where I live! Skidded about 10 feet down the pavement a few weeks ago on a constrictor of a dog turd that was lurking on the sidewalk.

LOL!
    It was that big you never saw it?

It was dark and er, I was a bit tipsy! Still don't know how I manged to stay on my feet.
  • I'm glad my Dad isn't a Lifer. If he read this you'd never shut him up. A pet hate of his. He even lurks at the end of his driveway and if he spots a dog having a dump and the owner about to waltz off he kindly suggests that the owner takes the offending poo home or would they like it back through their letterbox later along with a few others for good measure. Funny thing is they always clear it up.
  • I tell you what's just as bad, no worse, cat sh**:

Because these little dirtbags climb into your garden and just crap all over the place. And I've seen 'em spraying my tomatos too with their filthy catwater!

I was looking forward to them juicy tomatos all Summer long. Arrrrgh. Still, at least I knew and we didn't eat them!!
  • Sponsored links:

• There is a women in my street that if she takes sight of any dog pooh gets her chalk out draws a circle round it with the wording BIN IT?
  • [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]I tell you what's just as bad, no worse, cat sh**:

Because these little dirtbags climb into your garden and just crap all over the place. And I've seen 'em spraying my tomatos too with their filthy catwater!

I was looking forward to them juicy tomatos all Summer long. Arrrrgh. Still, at least I knew and we didn't eat them!!

no, cat's are clean animals and always cover up their poo. The worst are foxes. It smells absolutely rank and they crap everywhere, not a care in the world. It's unusual for cats to even crap on your lawn as they can't cover it and they certainly won't crap on paths, patios and decking.
  • [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]There is a women in my street that if she takes sight of any dog pooh gets her chalk out draws a circle round it with the wording BIN IT?

Do you live in Bexleyheath?

I keep seeing big circles around dog sh*t with the words TAKE IT HOME underneath on my walk to the bus stop.
  • i hate cats
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]There is a women in my street that if she takes sight of any dog pooh gets her chalk out draws a circle round it with the wording BIN IT?

Do you live in Bexleyheath?

I keep seeing big circles around dog sh*t with the words TAKE IT HOME underneath on my walk to the bus stop.

No i Live out in Essex, maybe there is a group of dog pooh chalkers.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]I tell you what's just as bad, no worse, cat sh**:

no, cat's are clean animals and always cover up their poo. The worst are foxes. It smells absolutely rank and they crap everywhere, not a care in the world. It's unusual for cats to even crap on your lawn as they can't cover it and they certainly won't crap on paths, patios and decking.

Well, I beg to differ LargeAddick. We have a small patio garden surrounded on 3 sides by garden beds and these cats are $hitting all over them! And they definately do not try to cover their 'tracks'. Can't be foxes as there is no entry point for them plus I have chased off the culprits several times now. As I said: dirtbags.

I live near Angel, Islington so I wonder if the North London cat is different to its arch-enemy, the South London cat?!
  • Lots of fox poo around, it's a lot thinner and darker! I think dog owners can get fined for not tiding up and there's more facilities for them now. In the early 1990s dog poo was everywhere, I remember often seeing helpings of it in the playground, how the hell did that happen?!
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]I tell you what's just as bad, no worse, cat sh**:

Well, I beg to differ LargeAddick. We have a small patio garden surrounded on 3 sides by garden beds and these cats are $hitting all over them! And they definately do not try to cover their 'tracks'. Can't be foxes as there is no entry point for them plus I have chased off the culprits several times now. As I said: dirtbags.

I live near Angel, Islington so I wonder if the North London cat is different to its arch-enemy, the South London cat?!
    South London pussies are a lot cleaner. FACT.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]its the white dog poo you dont see anymore. they are being driven out of their local parks and alleys.......
    Several people have been asking on the internet why don't you see white dog poo any more.

There are even Facebook groups dedicated to white dog poo.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]South London pussies are a lot cleaner. FACT.

True ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• The amount of cats i see shitting in my garden is what annoys me! Not even the decency to cover it up..I have slabs, but that's beyond the point..Filth.
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The amount of cats i see shitting in my garden is what annoys me! Not even the decency to cover it up..I have slabs, but that's beyond the point..Filth.

Ha Ha, you see Large Addick? It's not just me then!!

Cats are as bad as dogs, if not worse, because they break in to your property to do it!

I might get an air rifle and have me some target practise. Here, puss puss ;-)
  • frankly, I'm amazed. Maybe it's just that I have such well mannered cats !! Maybe cat owners are getting lazy and not training them properly? In general cats are clean animals. One of ours is so fussy it won't even use the litter tray if it is dirty.
  • cats shit everywhere fact.
  • just seen a chavvy little urchin let her cross bread staffie shit right on the bobbly bit of the pavement that aids blind people

comunity support officers told her to pick it up she gave them the v sign and kept walking they turned around the other way and walked off
  • charming
  • stoopid mate can you imagine how fast they wouldve run the other way if she was mugging someone
  • Should've rubbed the bitch's nose in it - and then the dogs.
  • just outside broadwater farm mate i must admit i had thought about it then i looked around and saw loads of the little street robbers and thought about it again
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]frankly, I'm amazed. Maybe it's just that I have such well mannered cats !! Maybe cat owners are getting lazy and not training them properly? In general cats are clean animals. One of ours is so fussy it won't even use the litter tray if it is dirty.

Hardly surprising, when he/she can pop over the fence and park its ar5e on your neighbours patio ; )