Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else run the Great South today?

Currently sitting here contemplating getting another beer but know that when I stand up it's going to be blooming painful!

Great day for it, pretty much perfect conditions for a PB......if only I were 20 years younger, 2 stone lighter and had bothered to train properly.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Currently sitting here contemplating getting another beer but know that when I stand up it's going to be blooming painful!

Great day for it, pretty much perfect conditions for a PB......if only I were 20 years younger, 2 stone lighter and had bothered to train properly.

It's one I would have liked to have done back in the dark ages when I could run without my body breaking down. 10 miles isn't it?
  • Options
    It's a 10 miler yes Len. Not too many races around of that distance, which I think is a shame as it's far enough to be a challenge but short enough to be achievable by pretty much everyone with a bit of effort. 23,000 running today so getting bigger every year and good to see a British woman up there in 2nd place too.
  • Options
    Brother was doing the P.A
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Brother was doing the P.A

Did a very good job too JT. Was it him interviewing David James or someone else?
  • Options
    Haven't spoke to him, but he said he was doing the pro athlete intro's at the start plus the finish. Does the London Marathon, /great North run etc, he works for Solent sport.

I'll pass on your kind remark.