Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

rooney to leave man yoo

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Could we get him on loan a la Bellamy to Cardiff?

oh no, he would be too much of a contraversial signing for the blanket brigade

He'd stand there with his fat pursed lips during Red, Red, Robin

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The thing about him in South Africa probably had a lot to do with him being kicked out by the Mrs before the world cup

I heard this prior to the World Cup too from a mate - didn't know what to make of it at the time but the performances in South Africa made it evident all is not well.

I have also heard that his ankle is well and truly *naughty word* and his best days are behind him and a lot of people in the game seem to recognise this. Bearing in mind Everton have a sizeable sell on fee for him and he has only 18 months left on his contract I would be surprised if the fee was anywhere near £35-50m - I think we are looking at £20-25mill tops
  • Options
    Shame old Wayne i don think he'll get into punditry when he finishes his career. Doesnt quite have it for that sort of stuff.
  • Options
    So Torres looks like he wants to leave Liverpool and Rooney wants to leave Man U. Imagine if City bought them both!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Shame old Wayne i don think he'll get into punditry when he finishes his career. Doesnt quite have it for that sort of stuff.

probably open a couple of lap dancing clubs or become a pimp.
  • Options
    the modern day Norman Whiteside?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]the modern day Norman Whiteside?

Harsh. Can't see Rooney getting a BSC (hons) and having his own private clinic.
  • Options
    Doubt we'll ever see him at the Valley again, so who cares? Having said that, as all he can do is play football maybe he'll keep playing into his 40's, sliding slowly down the leagues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Could we get him on loan a la Bellamy to Cardiff?

We'd put him on the bench as we wouldn't know how to get the best out of him ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rooney really is a completely clueless Chav, there is simply no other way to describe the bloke.

Leaving Manchester United, especially after his recent "activities" in his private life and his woeful form since March, is a terribly crass decision and stinks to high heaven of a spoilt brat throwing his toys out of the pram.

Why would anyone pay him 200,000 per week on his current form? He look - at the moment - like a completely busted flush.

Its like any of us going through a really bad trot at work, messing up projects, turning up late etc., and then turning round and asking for a pay rise.

The thought of Wayne Rooney playing overseas is simply too hilarious to comtemplate, he would make Ian Rush look like Alan Whicker.
  • Options
    Oh dear the prawn sandwich brigade from surrey will be wondering if they can get the last three letters of their tattoos altered to city.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Once a Blue red, always a Blue red.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: richie8[/cite]Oh dear the prawn sandwich brigade from surrey will be wondering if they can get the last three letters of their tattoos altered to city.[/quote]

Hilarious! I saw a report on Sky last night where they interviewed United fans outside Old Trafford after the WBA game about Rooney's possible departure.

2 X Scots, 2 x Irish, 1 x Midlander, 2 x Southerners - not a Lancastrian accent in earshot.
  • Options
    The exact player Arsenal need. Will they break the bank and put in a bid? In my opinion, Arsenal would be the only team in England United would accept a decent bid from with no trouble.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The exact player Arsenal need. Will they break the bank and put in a bid? In my opinion, Arsenal would be the only team in England United would accept a decent bid from with no trouble.

Arsenal dont need Rooney at all. they already have a strong forward who links the play well in Chamakh. Absolutely no way wenger would look at shrek.
  • Options
    From the Beeb. Pretty good account.
    Sir Alex Ferguson staged a compulsive drama at "The Theatre Of Dreams" as he claimed every inch of Manchester United's moral high ground to hang Wayne Rooney out to dry.

Ferguson, consumate politician and manipulator that he is, left the door ajar for Rooney to pull back from his desire to leave Old Trafford - but it is impossible to see how the relationship can survive the Scot's gripping full disclosure on Tuesday.

In measured, passionate tones Ferguson painted a damning picture of a player who he clearly believes is misguided, selfish, ungrateful and had shown a lack of respect for his club and manager.

Rooney did not get Ferguson's famous hairdryer treatment for his insubordination. The words were delivered more in the manner of a surgeon's scalpel, but the damage to the player's reputation and standing in the eyes of supporters was devastating.

Ferguson looked and sounded genuinely hurt and - in his own words - "bemused" at the turn of events that has seen the player he had placed at the centre of United's future demand to leave. There was, at times, genuine sadness on his face and in his voice.

It is a stunning story and this was an impressive and brutally honest performance by Ferguson that leaves Rooney and his powerful representative Paul Stretford with ground to make up if the striker still wishes to be painted as the innocent victim of Ferguson's dictatorial style.
  • Options
    i think every one of the other big club in the world would look to have rooney

not just because an on form Rooney is a class player (not person) but the shirt sales would dwarf anyone else at their club and the revenue return would be immense
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The exact player Arsenal need. Will they break the bank and put in a bid? In my opinion, Arsenal would be the only team in England United would accept a decent bid from with no trouble.

Arsenal dont need Rooney at all. they already have a strong forward who links the play well in Chamakh. Absolutely no way wenger would look at shrek.

Arsenal don't need Rooney at all? Apart from the fact that any team in this world could need Rooney, Arse could do with him more thean most. Chamakh is hardly going to light up the prem i don't think. Out of "the Big 4" Arsenal need him more than anyone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The exact player Arsenal need. Will they break the bank and put in a bid? In my opinion, Arsenal would be the only team in England United would accept a decent bid from with no trouble.

Arsenal don't need Rooney at all? Apart from the fact that any team in this world could need Rooney, Arse could do with him more thean most. Chamakh is hardly going to light up the prem i don't think. Out of "the Big 4" Arsenal need him more than anyone.

Chamakhs had a handful of games in english football and hes taken to the prem like a duck to water. Rooney is unfit, out of form and his off-field antics would anger wenger. im gonna leave it at that cos you dont half talk some shit andy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think every one of the other big club in the world would look to have rooney

not just because an on form Rooney is a class player (not person) but the shirt sales would dwarf anyone else at their club and the revenue return would be immense

I suspect that's partly why Fergie has done the hatchet job, he's trying to downgrade the asset value. Rooney as the next Gazza?
  • Options
    was said here earlier that he could be the new whiteside a very good comparison imo
  • Options

Chamakhs had a handful of games in english football and hes taken to the prem like a duck to water. Rooney is unfit, out of form and his off-field antics would anger wenger. im gonna leave it at that cos you dont half talk some shit andy.

Jesssus, enough with the hostility. To say any team doesn't need Rooney is stupid. Arsenal need big players to win leagues and to me, there is not many bigger than Rooney at the moment, wether he is unfit/out of form ect.

I think he will end up going to either Man City or Chelsea, but if Arsenal did pull there fingers out and put some cash up, i can't see any unhappy gooners.
  • Options
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The exact player Arsenal need. Will they break the bank and put in a bid? In my opinion, Arsenal would be the only team in England United would accept a decent bid from with no trouble.

Jesssus, enough with the hostility. To say any team doesn't need Rooney is stupid. Arsenal need big players to win leagues and to me, there is not many bigger than Rooney at the moment, wether he is unfit/out of form ect.

I think he will end up going to either Man City or Chelsea, but if Arsenal did pull there fingers out and put some cash up, i can't see any unhappy gooners.

why is it stupid?...the player has to suit the team, its tactics, its needs and its manager. Rooney and wenger would not get on. why would Arsenal want to spend a significant amount of money...which they probably cant afford....on a player that is unlikely to fit their mould.Chamakh, Arshavin, Nasri, Fabregas, Wiltshere, Walcott, Nasri, Bedtner, Van Persie, Ramsey, Vela all what you would class attacking players. Rooney, since his injury, is no longer in the messi/ronaldo bracket for me. most over-rated player in professional football, so no...arsenal dont need him.
  • Options

why is it stupid?...the player has to suit the team, its tactics, its needs and its manager. Rooney and wenger would not get on. why would Arsenal want to spend a significant amount of money...which they probably cant afford....on a player that is unlikely to fit their mould.Chamakh, Arshavin, Nasri, Fabregas, Wiltshere, Walcott, Nasri, Bedtner, Van Persie, Ramsey, Vela all what you would class attacking players. Rooney, since his injury, is no longer in the messi/ronaldo bracket for me. most over-rated player in professional football, so no...arsenal dont need him.

As much as i respect your opinion i totally dissagree. When Rooney is on form i don't see many better forwards in Europe. The thing with Arsenal is (and looking on most arsenal forums about this matter) they keep talking about breaking this mould you talk about. I even think Rooney would benifit more around more football minded players. All to there own i guess, but i would LOVE to see Rooney in an Arsenal shirt around that type of football, can only be good for his game and England. Wether it will happen is another issue, but i don't see why any manager would rule out getting a talent such as Rooney.
  • Options
    I dont know how much of this ankle injury is smoke and mirrors and political bull,but Id be very careful parting with serious money for a player whose ankle seems permanently goosed.
  • Options
    When did Arsenal last buy an English player?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]When did Arsenal last buy an English player?

Walcott?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]When did Arsenal last buy an English player?
    A rare thing but im guessing the last British born players they bought were Ramsey and Walcott?
  • Options
    which perversely is why Arsenal would be a great move for him.

He is a skillful player and he would be surrounded by other skillful players and playing more of a passing game rather than the more physical, direct role he has at MU.

He would also be slightly less in the limelight at Arsenal and in London more able to be anonymous (or at least as much as he ever can). London is a big city to disappear into.

Whether Arsenal can 1. Afford the fee or wages or 2. Wenger would feel he would fit in with the dressing room and culture there is another thing entirely.

Fergie has upped the ante with Wayne and his agent. He is now being portrayed as the stupid, ungrateful player who thinks he is too big for the club which is just what Fergie wants. Rooney now has to walk this transfer window or next (means MU get a fee) or eat humble pie and take the offer that MU have put on the table.

It's a bargaining ploy. Don't believe the hype.