Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wembley

Just seen the Ray Stubbs & John Parrott report on the New Wembley, I'm really quite excited by the place, it's looks amazing - can't wait for it to open now. When will we get our first visit?

Anyone else willing to overlook the fact it's taken 7 years and £757 million to build it?

Comments

• Options
    Yes - In 5/15 certainly 20 years time the problems now will be forgotten.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    with the amount of stuff that'll b held there they'll re-coup that in a matter of years, and it does look absolutely amazing, great for english football infact great for england
  • Options
    i would love to see charlton there again, dare i say it even in a play off final. been twice and it is a magical venue. not sure cardiff really felt quite right, which is why i'm glad we never had to go there in any finals.
    lol
  • Options
    I too saw that report- as someone who drives past it everyday, sometimes on the industrial estate, I know it's magnificent outside, but that report showed that inside, it's absolutely stunning.

I think, unfortunately, it will always have the tag of having taken so long and having gone so over budget.

Still awesome though!
  • Options
    cannot wait to go there myself and if we do go down I'll be praying for the play-off final !!!
  • Options
    I went up to take a peek a couple of weeks ago - it's an awesome sight. Rothko is the expert on all matters Wembley, but I think the arch is being lit up tomorrow or Saturday to mark the next round of the FA Cup.
  • Options
    As Coco Channel said "you remember the quality long after you've forgotten the price"
  • Options
    I've been round a couple of times in the past 6 weeks, and it's beyond wonderful in there, the seating bowl is jaw dropping in it's size, and it's closeness to the pitch. Behind the goal at Wembley is a totally different experience, even from the back of level 5.

The inside of the stadium are wonderful, the concourses are massive, the toilets are a world apart, and you won't have much problem getting refreshments.

If you ever get offer coroprate tickets, snap the persons hand off.
  • Options
    Time to sign up for the England members club me thinks.
  • Options
    I'll have a word with people I know at the FA, and see who the press officer is at Multiplex.

There's going to be a big press day in March before the first ramp up event, and that'll be organised by WNSL, who's number is on the Wembley stadium website.

I'll check about, and I'll find out for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'll have a word with people I know at the FA, and see who the press officer is at Multiplex.

There's going to be a big press day in March before the first ramp up event, and that'll be organised by WNSL, who's number is on the Wembley stadium website.

I'll check about, and I'll find out for you

rothers, if you can do anything to get me in, that would be legend dood
  • Options
    The tours start in April as well, got to pay the bills innit!
  • Options
    What's the first ramp-up event? The Johnstons Paint Trophy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]What's the first ramp-up event? The Johnstons Paint Trophy?

England v Scotland, Womens international with a 30k capcity, then the JPT at 60K, Under 21's at 90k, then the FA cup final.
  • Options
    cor that U 21s game sounds as if i would be wey up for that, rothers could you sort tickets, i dunno why i think you can?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Time to sign up for the England members club me thinks.

full up i think.
    Just got the application for Andorra v England.... in BARCELONA. mcs favourite city. tempting, wish it was a weekend game tho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Time to sign up for the England members club me thinks.

full up i think.
    Just got the application for Andorra v England.... in BARCELONA. mcs favourite city. tempting, wish it was a weekend game tho.

oh shite i've just realised, i actually applied and have been allocated a ticket... hmmm!!!
  • Options
    was this that thing i was meant to join when we started the south africa fund? ps, how much money is in that fund at the mo?
  • Options
    id have to have a look at the account suzi as dont keep track. Did i tell you that Lou withdrew from it so just you, me, sue, and sarah now.

yes it was, but full now till after euro 2008.
  • Options

full up i think.

oh shite i've just realised, i actually applied and have been allocated a ticket... hmmm!!!

Yeah everyone who applied got one , 12,000
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes well that would not have been the case if it had been in andorra, 1800? are you going? wish it was at a weekend.
  • Options
    I dunno , the baby is due 17th March so maybe too close

Israel away is on the weekend , still tickets left for that
  • Options
    hmmm well ill think about that one!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]id have to have a look at the account suzi as dont keep track. Did i tell you that Lou withdrew from it so just you, me, sue, and sarah now.

yes it was, but full now till after euro 2008.

no worries. i think i'll just wing it with the games. i'll have to do the fifa applications like this time or blag a ticket outside. can't afford the caps to get to other games home or away so think i'll just wing it. got 4 years to think about it. hoping to go to euros next year anyway, stay in friedrichshafen and get boat over for games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]As Coco Channel said "you remember the quality long after you've forgotten the price"

sounds like that lap-dancing club i went to in las vegas on a stag night...definitely quality in there...funnily enough, me and mrs ltgtr was only talking about that the other night, something said on tv made me laugh and when she asked what was so funny i said that it had reminded me of something a lap dancer had said to me that night as she was strutting her stuff (tip for the younger lads there, if you didn't get up to anything untoward then laughing and joking about it with the wives next day means they know nothing happened, whereas if gets mentioned by somebody else later, you're in the shit, innocent or not)...anyway, obviously of latino heritige, this lapdancer lent over and whipered in my ear 'have you ever had spanish pussy' and i, typical clueless brit abroad, the stuff we probably built an empire with a century ago, replied 'er no, i dont think so, but i've been to spain loads of times, and majorca and ibiza, and the canaries which are spanish but really off the coast of africa...' and from the look on her face i could tell she was impressed, not...
  • Options
    Lol... how did we get from wembley to here.
  • Options
    Rothko, you owe me some favours! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Lol... how did we get from wembley to here.

I dont know but its by far funnier......and on the same subject...but in new orleans...I was asked whether I would like to see her pasties. And there was I thinking she had been cooking cornish pastys until a pair of boobs were plonked out in front of me with a sticker covering her nipples! As I had been on the road for nearly a month and eating crap food I can tell you I was rather disappointed with what I saw....she was a teaser alright.....a right pie teaser!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    what was on the sticker ?
  • Options
    what was underneath each of the stickers or pasties as they would call it - it was just a coloured sticker covering her nips.