Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travel advice - Koh Lanta

edited October 2010 in Not Sports Related
Anyone been? What's the best place to station oneself?

Comments

• Really nice, get your self well outside the "main" settlement (where the boats land) and rent out a beach shack near the southern end of the island, where there is a good alternative buzz (OK there was 10 years ago). Try to avoid Thai whisky and try to have bhang lassies.
  • agree with above, but defo have ta bucket of Thai whiskie
  • [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Really nice, get your self well outside the "main" settlement (where the boats land) and rent out a beach shack near the southern end of the island, where there is a good alternative buzz (OK there was 10 years ago). Try to avoid Thai whisky and try to have bhang lassies.

"Bahng lassies" Cordo?? What's one of them then?
  • adsads
    edited October 2010
    thai prostitutes or hash yoghurt drinks
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]thai prostitutes or hash yoghurt drinks

Thanks ads, not sure which I prefer - maybe both at the same time!
  • What sort of accommodation are you looking at? Upmarket, mid-range or budget?

It's not the liveliest of places and you might get bored if you stay too long there unless you are happy to sit on a beach with a book and drink in one of the few beach bars.
  • I found it as anice place to relax after Samui and Phuket before going back to Phuket.
    Not the liveliest place admittedly but things can change in 3.5 years
    If getting ferry from Phuket might want to stop off a Phi Phi - I didnt as was still mainly being rebuilt but looked like it would be nice stop off.
  • Hash yoghurt drink was what I meant, although they are particularly good if you have the option of sex. Bangkok is right it is not exactly lively there, but you can have a good low key time. Remember the island is Muslim so it is quite different from most of Thailand, but they bring non Muslims in to work the bars (and make the Lhassis).