Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Result under Parkinson?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Was this the worst result/performance under him? Others come to mind such as
0-1 Northwich
1-2 Brentford
0-4 Millwall

Was this worse??

Comments

• Options
    Hard to say really, Brighton are ok this season but for a league leading team had dropped a fair share of points (although in this league anyone can beat anyone and often do) the fact is that a spirited Charlton side could have beaten Brighton or at least taken a draw- to be ritually slaughtered was quite something else so in short- it's up there.
  • Options
    There have been too many but top three are:

Yesterday
    Milwall away
    Northwich away

In all honesty, if Parky stays there could be a fair few more this season alone.
  • Options
    Northwich away for me. We was on Tele, played like a Sunday League team and I never felt so angry in all my life as a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Nothing comes close to the embarassment and capitulation suffered at The New Den.
  • Options
    Millwall for me. Both games but especially the away one.

Utter utter humiliation.
  • Options
    Millwall away take the No1 spot
  • Options
    Nothing will ever beat Millwall away, worst game in charlton history,
  • Options
    come end of March the result could well be relegation , that would be the 'worst' result , Millwall takes the biscuit
  • Options
    1) Northwich
    2) Millwall
    There are plenty of others that would rank 3rd
  • Options
    Without question Millwall away I don't remember feeling more embarrased or let down by a CAFC performance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everybody gets dumped out of the cup by a lower league or even non-league team at some point - the excellent side that finished 9th in the prem nearly lost to non-league dagenham twice.

That showing at Millwall in a game which clearly meant so much to the supporters - embaressing, humiliating and degrading. It made me so angry. That is definitely the worst, least excusable for me. That hurt.

To be fair regarding yesterday, I actually thought Brighton looked a very good side. Pass pass pass.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]Everybody gets dumped out of the cup by a lower league or even non-league team at some point - the excellent side that finished 9th in the prem nearly lost to non-league dagenham twice.

That showing at Millwall in a game which clearly meant so much to the supporters - embaressing, humiliating and degrading. It made me so angry. That is definitely the worst, least excusable for me. That hurt.

To be fair regarding yesterday, I actually thought Brighton looked a very good side. Pass pass pass.

Fully understand what you are saying, however I've witnessed other Millwall defeats that were debacles at the Valley which is even worse.

The fact is we hadn't been knocked out by a non league side in our History and what made it worse was our play was a complete embarrassment and on national TV.

Lets be honest about it we can all take defeat you have to supporting CAFC over the decades, but what is not acceptable to us is gutless shambolic displays. The Brighton defeat to me was not that but was naivety defending lack of decent tactics (Brighton didn't do anything different to what they have been doing this season.) Players out of position yet again and other various problems that we can all see but I wouldn't say it was gutless bordering on shambolic possibly.
  • Options
    Felt worse on the drive home from Northwich than I did on way home from Millwall. I had been saying for weeks millwall would beat us by 3 or 4 goals so maybe was expecting it a bit, Northwich are a non league team, they play together a couple of times a week, our players earn thousands of pounds a week....that was worse IMHO
  • Options
    windmill away was the worst.
    to lose to such a pile of scum so badly was and is embarrassing.
  • Options
    Northwich was the worst- at least Millwall are a bloody league team!
  • Options
    The humiliation at Millwall after our Vocal support and backing. A team that couldn't have cared less. Left early for the first time ever at that game (didn't get very far, obviously).

That pack of scum roaring 'Let 'em come' along to that music twice in about 10 minutes - the whole experience gives me shivers just thinking back to it.

Then Parky after the Play-off defeat coming out with "My players always turn up for the big occasions" (or words to that effect). INSULTING.
  • Options
    When we lost 1-0 at thome to Leyton Orient last season that was pretty dreadful but not as bad as Brighton.
  • Options
    Millwall was easily the worst. Stuck there 45 minutes after the game. Then having them rub it in for the next few months
  • Options
    Millwall away 100% Probaly one of the worse days of my life!
  • Options
    Millwall away ... we were up for it and would have silenced the Den that afternoon if the players had performed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Easily the gutless 4-0 away to Millwall. A pathetic display.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Easily the gutless 4-0 away to Millwall. A pathetic display.

bang on humiliating .
  • Options
    defo millwall away. just the whole day generally was a nightmare.
  • Options
    Millwall away, followed by Northwich.