Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton Your Memories?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Discuss ?

Comments

• Options
    4-3 win to us at The Valley c1978.

Look on the positive!
  • Options
    Pleased I didnt have any!
  • Options
    New barrel of London Pride at The Rose of Denmark...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    7-1 defeat at the Goldstone.

3-5 victory at the Goldstone. Think Curbishley scored. (Edit)
  • Options
    Probably mid 70's Charlton match at Brighton in the evening, went down with couple of mates for the afternoon, walking along the sea frong a group of charlton fans walking in opposite direction Girl from the charlton group shouts at me - "You f...ing brighton c...," double takes "oh,you Charlton,all right mate?"

Being on the football league special hired to take us down to brighton and back, which forgot on the way back to stop at Charlton"

Having a fight on brighton station with my brother in laws brother mate gerald!

can't wait for my next match down there.
  • Options
    I had a very nice kinder bueno at half time
  • Options
    The abuse Clive Walker used to get.
  • Options
    Getting a cab home after the pre-season friendly the other year, battered.
  • Options
    friday night sleeping in a beach hut with my mates in the 70's after getting drunk in Revolution nightclub, then into town in the morning for breakfast and booze, chased by police dogs in Brighton station and getting to Hove having had a great time ... as we always did down at Brighton ... starting Goodbye Horse chant after altercation with police horses in Brighton bus station
  • Options
    wasn't it 7-0 ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember that League Liner match (still have the ticket in the loft - saddo that I am).
    If anyone remembers, that Train had a "disco" carriage.LOL how naff was that, considering there hardly seemed to be any girl fans.

Also remember the wet match when the ball kept getting stuck in puddles (game should have been abandoned).
    Mates car broke down on the way back
    Forget times, dates and scores, memory fading badly.

Also that pre season friendly a couple of years back, squashed between two fatties, exposed to the boiling July sun, fifty yards form the pitch.
    Ended up with the worst headache of my life
  • Options
    The 4-3, up there with the Man Utd 3-3 as the most exciting 90 minutes I've seen at The Valley.

Coming back overnight from France after seeing the mighty Stranglers, snatching 2 hours sleep, heading for the Goldstone....to lose 7-0

When Brighton took to wearing blue and white striped shorts to match their shirts, was like a horde of Tesco bags on the pitch!