Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Social Network (film)

edited October 2010 in Not Sports Related
Film about the guy who created facebook, now worth 6.9 billion quid. Just seen it with mates, snooze fest. Anyone else seen it?

Comments

• Options
    Was gonna see it tommorow night, every review I've read or heard has said it's meant to be amazing.
  • Options
    Got a mate who watched it on DVD tonight and said it was really good, mind you he's a bit of a nob.
  • Options
    depends what you want in a film , if you want to laugh then this isnt rly the film for you , but it is quite interesting
  • Options
    It was interesting to see how the idea came about and the process of things that happend, but nothing is exciting enough to make a film about it lol
  • Options
    Saw it tonight.
    I'm definitely not a fan of Facebook but I found the movie completely gripping.
    Well worth a watch.
  • Options
    Saw it last night, thought it was really good. The guy that plays the bloke that founded facebook put in a really good performance. Justin Timberlake is a shocking, shocking actor however.
  • Options
    Thought it was a great story but some terrible acting.

Mark Zuckenberg isn't Steve Jobs but I've seen him at a seminar and he's certainly not as bad as the film made him out to be.
  • Options
    Cant bring myself to see a film about facebook...

Wall Street is crap though
  • Options
    if you like trains this could be for you
  • Options
    Watched last night and really enjoyed it. Just confirms that to get really rich you have to screw someone over!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good film. Interesting how Facebook all started, and that parts people go to when it comes to greed. Never knew that the Napster man was involved with Facebook.
  • Options
    If you are a fan of dialogue in a film and can bear to watch something that doesn't involve explosions or anyone getting beat up, then go and see it, it is chuffing excellent.. Don't get tied up in the title.

If you are/were a fan of the West Wing, then you will particularly appreciate it as the screenplay is by Aaron Sorkin (sp?) who devised and wrote most of that show, whilst David Fincher is an excellent director.
  • Options
    sorry if i'm stating the obvious here but is the film called "social network"?
  • Options
    I was very pleasantly surprised. Finally seen it ... Very good.
  • Options
    Thought good, but not great. I've got young kids, so haven't really seen films for ages, but if this is one of the films of the year, must be a weak year. Not bad at all, but not special for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]Thought good, but not great. I've got young kids, so haven't really seen films for ages, but if this is one of the films of the year, must be a weak year. Not bad at all, but not special for me.

That's about right. It's good but nothing special. Personally, I find it hard to believe that Zuckerburg is really like he is portrayed in the film.

By the way, the film is called 'The Social Network.'
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCdamo[/cite]depends what you want in a film , if you want to laugh then this isnt rly the film for you , but it is quite interesting[/quote]

actually with Sorkin (screenwriter) you need to see it a few times to catch every line as the dialogue is so quick if you watch it over you will find their are actually a few good jokes in it. Love that film in my top 5
  • Options
    On for about 30mins wat a load of old rubbish straight in the post back to love film it wen't
  • Options
    I thought it was OK but not as good as a lot of the critics would have you believe. Certainly not a patch on some of the films I have seen over the last year such as The Kings Speech or Toy Story 3.
  • Options
    I wonder what some people were expecting from a film about how facebook was created. Maybe Bruce Willis swinging from a rope, kicking some camera out of a man's hand and shouting "Tag THIS!"