Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Italy v Serbia. Abandoned.

WTF ?

Comments

• Options
    Crowd trouble.

Wait til the euros are held in poland...will make football factory look like mary poppins
  • Options
    just 8 minutes in. serbians fans throwing flares on the pitch and at italian supporters.

bet thats gonna be quiet outside the ground.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Crowd trouble.

Wait til the euros are held in poland...will make football factory look like mary poppins

the Ukraine was let's say "interesting" as well, the more of these former Eastern bloc countries that make that tournament the more chaos it will be... very easy to get by bus or train between countries even with the distances involved, they do ridiculous journeys domestically anyway.
  • Options
    In poland it isnt a case of them throwing on the stone island of a saturday and having a tear up. They live it day in day out. Meeting up in the woods for rucks and stuff.

Not sure the Germans or Russians will be too welcome there should they qualify.

Still might go out there for the tournament as love poland and would be a relatively cheap tournament.
  • Options
    Serbians are mental, those f*ckers were in a war a few years ago, they don't mess about.
    Apparently they even threw flares at their own team bus and threatened the keeper Stojkovic (who then decided to pull out of the game). Stojkovic was a youth product of Red Star Belgrade and since leaving the club he has remained on affectionate terms to the point where he was apparently presented as an honorary Red Star member in a public ceremony in June. Which is why Red Star fans are less than pleased that, just two months later, Stojkovic has joined hated rivals Partizan Belgrade on loan.
  • Options
    wasnt it serbian fans who threatened to shag danny dyer over the grave of a murdered rival. i like them.
  • Options
    They don't mind Italy, you should see what it's like when they play Croatia!

Euro 2012 will be interesting!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]wasnt it serbian fans who threatened to shag danny dyer over the grave of a murdered rival. i like them.

Yeah I think they were the Belgrade fans, they were boasting about raping the head boy from the Red Star mob in the same place. Nice bunch!
  • Options
    They've absolutely ransacked the town: breaking windows, defacing monuments and kicking off with the riot police all day long. Attacked their own team bus and goalkeeper with rocks and fireworks.

They've trashed the stadium as well, cutting down the protective netting with wire cutters and breaking through the segregation barriers, ripping out seats, throwing flares on the pitch and at the Italians... you name it they've done it.

There's still 500+ in the ground now wrecking the joint. Apparently they only had 1500 tickets!
    vid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus they look mental!
  • Options
    The [not so] funny thing is, Italian FA had given a load of tickets to school kids for the game tonight. What an introduction into Football!
  • Options
    How the Italians allowed people to get inside the ground with balaclavas, ski masks, flares, fireworks, bricks, wire-cutters and the rest is beyond me. You practically get sexually assaulted going into the ground at England away games, no other country tends to take anyone seriously else unless they are considered 'rivals'.
  • Options
    How come the Italian riot police can steam in to The English at a drop of --- not very much ------ but they stand there and watch all that and do nothing ?
  • Options
    Tell you what it's going to go nuts when they get those serbs out and try and get them on their coaches tonight! No doubt the italians will be up for a go.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Tell you what it's going to go nuts when they get those serbs out and try and get them on their coaches tonight! No doubt the italians will be up for a go.

Well the brave italians didnt exactely put up any resistence today as those idiots have marched/rioted all the way from the station with flares, assortment of weapons, wearing ski masks/balaclavas, waving flags and buring flags/symbols, to the ground breaking everything in their path,

Did the Italian FA just advise the police to leave them be cause they would call off th game and get a 3-0 win??

If this had happened in England, 10yr ban and nothing else, sod all will happen to the serbs, and the Italian officials/police who LET this happen, it has been all over the net there was going to be a violent protest by the serbs against the serbian FA, tryin to force a change at the top or something, dont really understand, but apparently the Red Star hooligan group have been very vocal and public in statin exactely what was going to happen today and guess what it has.

FIFA/UEFA must act and be ruthless to the serbians and Italians, Euros in Poland is going to be serious serious trouble if a strong hand is not used, if adults are going to act with such disregard and lack of respect to each other, and in someone else country, then they must be treated the same and excluded from all comps until they can behave, thats national and at club level, no serbain clubs/national teams in any Euro/World competition

This may seem very harsh, esp as it may seem a small minority but this has to be stamped out, its not as though there is no previous
  • Options
    Just a normal home game at Millwall according to the views on here.
  • Options
    Lol at the guy who fell off the bike.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]13 seconds in..

Ive watched this clip a few times now and i dont get it? It just looks like a guy falling off a bike ? Have i missed something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, you're certainly missing something.
  • Options
    Enlighten me then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Enlighten me then

and me please. Watched a few times and still none the wiser.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Tell you what it's going to go nuts when they get those serbs out and try and get them on their coaches tonight! No doubt the italians will be up for a go.

Well the brave italians didnt exactely put up any resistence today as those idiots have marched/rioted all the way from the station with flares, assortment of weapons, wearing ski masks/balaclavas, waving flags and buring flags/symbols, to the ground breaking everything in their path,

Did the Italian FA just advise the police to leave them be cause they would call off th game and get a 3-0 win??

If this had happened in England, 10yr ban and nothing else, sod all will happen to the serbs, and the Italian officials/police who LET this happen, it has been all over the net there was going to be a violent protest by the serbs against the serbian FA, tryin to force a change at the top or something, dont really understand, but apparently the Red Star hooligan group have been very vocal and public in statin exactely what was going to happen today and guess what it has.

FIFA/UEFA must act and be ruthless to the serbians and Italians, Euros in Poland is going to be serious serious trouble if a strong hand is not used, if adults are going to act with such disregard and lack of respect to each other, and in someone else country, then they must be treated the same and excluded from all comps until they can behave, thats national and at club level, no serbain clubs/national teams in any Euro/World competition

This may seem very harsh, esp as it may seem a small minority but this has to be stamped out, its not as though there is no previous

They picked it well really on where the game was due to take place... I doubt there would have been such an accommodating reception in Rome, Milan or Naples (well either that or the far-right lot would have got together and done something like the vienna/bilbao game). Genoa and Sampdoria have their ultras and hooligans but certainly not on a par with what's elsewhere in the country and everyone knows international football isn't the national draw that it is in England for most other countries.

Kick the Serbs out now I say, no international football of any kind until the WCQ for 2014 and let their no doubt corrupt and lax FA handle the problem in Serbian domestic football. Ransacking a town and throwing fireworks and rocks at or around kids isn't exactly going on their jollies. If that was England we we'd be out in a shot yet noone says boo to a goose when it's someone else, get a 20grand fine and a slap on the wrist.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It was before my time so I'm unsure of the specifics but what were English clubs banned from Europe for in the 80s? Am I right in thinking that it was Heysel which broke the straw off the the camels back, which from my understanding, had the horrific consequences it did mainly because of being a shoddy ground rather than the fans behaviour?

Obviously there aren't the deaths involved here, but it sounds like the Serbians have been going crazy! In some ways the goalkeeper story is funny but it's barbaric, and I've never understood how anyone can threaten death based on what jersey someone wears on a Saturday at 3pm! It has no place in football and, bearing in mind the advances in safety at grounds since the 80s, they should be banned from all European competition for putting us back to the dark days of hooliganism. Countries like our own were forced to clean up our act, and they won't if they are not forced to.

As for the Italians, as a country, they should have enough experience dealing with large scale, difficult events that they can prevent this sort of thing occurring. IMO they are equally responsible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]How the Italians allowed people to get inside the ground with balaclavas, ski masks, flares, fireworks, bricks, wire-cutters and the rest is beyond me. You practically get sexually assaulted going into the ground at England away games, no other country tends to take anyone seriously else unless they are considered 'rivals'.
    Exactly.Italian football stadia are disorganised ,dirty and unsecure.One of the reasons for a massive drop in league attendances.
    In any case the Serb supporters wanted to prevent yesterday's match taking place.And thanks to the patethic Italian police they succeeded.They were incensed at their Friday's
    humiliating home defeat to Estonia.A lot of them blamed it on matchfixing.Their other gripe yesterday was the issue of Kosovo who they still believe is Serbian.
  • Options
    this reminded me of the the football scene in the estonian film 'life is a miracle' its really worth watching quite hilarious.
  • Options
    It did look politically motivated to me.

The two eejets sat on the screen in their masks holding up some flag?

But the team applauding them & giving them the victory sign? Whats that all about.

Tbh Sparrows right. Saw worse in Hungary with their lot.
  • Options
    They were clapping in a sarcastic way. They were clapping and telling their fans that they were handing a 3 0 nil victory
    to Italy.This was confirmed in an onthepitch interview by Stankovic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]It did look politically motivated to me.

Think you're right. The hideous wars have left their imprint. The fascists are very much a factor in Serbia and football is merely a vehicle for their political aims. Tragic.