Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Call of Duty - Black Ops

Out next month..
Anyone gonna be getting it?

Comments

• Options
    Of course and i expect loads of similar answers
  • Options
    Already have it pre-ordered!! Can't wait, remote control bomb cars as a kill streak, crossbows! Can't wait!
  • Options
    ah good.. yes think its gonna be good by the trailers i have seen online
  • Options
    I thought MW2 was pretty poor compared to COD, so I'd certainly not rush at it.

I wonder how realistic it'll be? Will they have a level where you attempt to rescue a hostage through the means of grenades and then attempt to blame it all on terrorists despite having been filmed? That'd be a great training simulator for our American cousins.
  • Options
    I think its outsold mw2 on preorders alone allegedly.

I think bad company is pretty good though i and ii.
  • Options
    its different manufacturer this is made by the world at war people not the modern warfare team. To clarify this is treyarch mw is infinity ward
  • Options
    Interesting, I hadn't realised they were different. Should have guessed from the horseshit story line in MW2 compared to the rather good story in COD4. Not tried BC2, but the first one was excellent. Amusing story and really decent gameplay.
  • Options
    Medal of Honor is the follow up to BBC2. I prefer Battlefield as it has fully destructive environment.
  • Options
    Cant wait , i love it but MW2 is getting a bit boring atm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Interesting, I hadn't realised they were different. Should have guessed from the horseshit story line in MW2 compared to the rather good story in COD4. Not tried BC2, but the first one was excellent. Amusing story and really decent gameplay.

COD4 and MW2 are created by the same company (Infinity Ward), World at War is Treyarch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thinking of getting MoH for pc.
  • Options
    what Alden said.

With MW2 I actually like how the story rolled on from MW but it was a tad ridiculous nukes and EMP's Lol
  • Options
    But of course!!!

Have nailed all of them since Cod 4. Currently on prestige 7 on MW2, not going to get to 10 before Black OPS
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MW 2 is excellent IMO as is Cod 4. The Treyarch Cod's are not as good as the Infinity Ward Cod's, I don't think this year's version will be a patch on Cod 4 or MW2- dont get me wrong the Treyarch games are good but Infinity Ward games are an event. Having said that with the big bust up between Infinity Ward's original team and Activision I wonder how many of the original team will be left to be working on next years inevitable Cod!
  • Options
    Treyarch have the stories though...
  • Options
    I preferred WaW to MW2 enjoyed the multiplayer alot more as well
  • Options
    Cant wait! still not sure about the cash system and gona take awile to get used to the perk's but shall be good!
  • Options
    Ofp was on ps3 and good but not a good story like cod
  • Options
    OFP is a bit more like the Tom Clancy games with one shot one kill, COD is more arcadey. Looking forward to black ops though. Anyone gonna get the new Medal of Honor?
  • Options
    Ordered tonight for Chirpy Red Jnr Jnr.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want to preorder it for the 360 but can't find it online for less than £43, refuse to pay over £40 for a game. And sod queing up for hours in Asda or something, im too old for that. Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Can't say I'm overly bothered by storylines in computer games really as long as there is a basic framework to hang the action on, besides- we already know what happened in WW2 and certain Cold War episodes are well documented. When it comes to Call of Duty games I am too busy in the thick of the action to worry about plot development tbh, storylines obviously do appeal to some players and fair play to them-for me as long as the action has meat and excitement I'm in! Essentially all computer games use the age old maxim of goodie/baddie- tried and tested since Pacman anyway and the Call of Duty games are no exception. Love the realism of the mutant nazi's on Call of Duty World at War ;o), what conflict did that happen in ?? Infinity Ward's Call of Duty's have always been better than Treyarch's in the grand scheme of things. People were still playing Cod 4 long after they had forgotten about World at War...
  • Options
    brilliant
  • Options
    My son (nearly 12) wants this because ALL his friends have it! I'm not so sure - any opinions as to whether it's suitable gratefully received.
  • Options
    Best game ever, really loving the campaign mode atm.
  • Options
    Charley - It is a very violent game, eyes gauged out with knives, bit of Russian roulette, bad guys on knees getting shot in the head, etc. It can be toned down with an option at the start but no idea how much it does so. May be worth trying to find out how much it does before deciding.

Very good game I think, not as good as the modern warfare games though. Multiplayer doesn't seem to have the same pace either which is a shame. Loving some of the new add ons though.
  • Options
    I love all the customization got red camo with CAFC scratched into the side of my M14
    great game!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So I thought I saw Black Ops for 17.99 on Zavvi.com, turns out it was MW2. I feel like such a gobshite right now
  • Options
    gotten?