Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

favourite London pubs

I'm in mine now, the Captain Kidd in Wapping. A pint of reasonably priced lager, with a seat outside, feet up on the Thames wall and not a care in the world, apart from having to look at Rotherhithe, and middle income reductions in salary, but you can look left or right to Canary Wharf or London Bridge.

Sure this has been asked before, but no harm in asking again.

Which is yours and why?

Comments

• Options
    The Lamb, Lambs Conduit Street. Lovely old Youngs pub with superb original interior.

Having said that, being a hopeless drunk, I could name quite a few favs!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    the captain kidd is a very good pub, used to go in there after a lunch at il bordello's just across the road and a little bit down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]The Lamb, Lambs Conduit Street. Lovely old Youngs pub with superb original interior.

One of the pubs I've keep meaning to go to but never do.
    I work about 5 min from there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]The Lamb, Lambs Conduit Street. Lovely old Youngs pub with superb original interior.

One of the pubs I've keep meaning to go to but never do.
    I work about 5 min from there

In the days when you could have a drink at lunchtime I worked about 10 minutes away from there and it was responsible for a few "lost" afternoons!
  • Options
    The Flying Scotsman - Kings Cross....
  • Options
    Have been in Victoria for 6 months, and still not found a decent boozer in walking distance. Plenty more to try so will keep looking, but if anyone has a recommendation it will be very welcome.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]The Flying Scotsman - Kings Cross....

Ahem, I've heard of that one - is it still there? I thought the area had been redeveloped?
  • Options
    Yes its still there . the area is a lot better and yes you still need a pocket full of pound coins when your in there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]Have been in Victoria for 6 months, and still not found a decent boozer in walking distance. Plenty more to try so will keep looking, but if anyone has a recommendation it will be very welcome.

Try The Buckingham Arms, Petty France & The Speaker, Great Peter Street. Both proper boozers.
  • Options
    The Ship in Holborn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the hardys in greenwich!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]The Ship in Holborn[/quote]

Like it...not very spacious though.
  • Options
    That sounds nice.

Toucan in Soho has something about it.
  • Options
    The Market Porter ............Borough Market.

Great beer..........opposite the best English cheese shop in town.........got to be one of the best markets ............and near some great resteraunts.
  • Options
    Like the Toucan also !!!
  • Options
    Idle Hans, the strutton arms in strutton ground is ok, especiall on mondays at £1.60 for Fosters. When the Cardinal re-opens in the new year that is a good place too.
  • Options
    The Griffin. End of.
  • Options
    Hot shots, you can walk in there at 4am and get served, they don't get a fook!
  • Options
    When I worked in Soho a few years ago, I used to enjoy going in the Star and Garter in Poland Street.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Hot shots, you can walk in there at 4am and get served, they don't get a fook!

In Ladywell? Lovely place, lad I know got stabbed to death outside it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Either

Ye lde Axe

The Griffin

Rainbow Sports bar

Metropolis

Browns

any order you like
  • Options
    the mitre, woolwich and the amersham arms, new cross...theres some posh ones in deptford also, can't remember any names though
  • Options
    Idle Hans - the Coach & Horses in Willow Place used to be a good back-street local but I am going back 15 years....
  • Options
    hold on hold on posh what in Deptford ????????????
  • Options
    1905 wants to know if poncy wine bars can be included?
  • Options
    No mention of the Antigallican?

All true Charlton fans had their wedding reception there.

Times were hard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout

In the days when you could have a drink at lunchtime

You're in the wrong job fella!
  • Options
    Hand and Shears, Cloth Street takes some beating.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]Have been in Victoria for 6 months, and still not found a decent boozer in walking distance. Plenty more to try so will keep looking, but if anyone has a recommendation it will be very welcome.

The Constitution in Churton Street is a decent local boozer that does good grub. There's also the Jugged Hare on Vauxhall Bridge Road - it's a Fuller's pub - bit hit and miss with the atmosphere but you get a good selection of beers.
    [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]Idle Hans - the Coach & Horses in Willow Place used to be a good back-street local but I am going back 15 years....

It's being knocked down! Closed down for a bit and reopened but shut again this year, never to reopen. Shame - decent pub, reasonable prices.
  • Options
    The Dog & Bell is as posh as it gets here in Deptford. But good beer, so worth a stop...