Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HR not paying up

edited October 2010 in Not Sports Related
My bank moved offices a year ago and rather than have a gym in the building, they gave us a subsidy towards a gym that we could choose. So I joined my gym and sent off the paper work to hr and they paid me this money extra each month...

Anyway, today, someone said they hadn't got paid their money this month so I logged onto the online payslip to check mine. Last time they paid me was Dec 09.

So I been talking to hr all afternoon and they are saying I only signed up to the gym for 6 months and I needed to sign the paper work again if I'd carried on my membership. What a load of Crap. Ive looked at the paper I signed down the gym and its very badly worded. It's says they will provide access to the gym for 6 months but goes on to state that I'm on a rolling contract. Ie, I have to do a minimum of 6 months.

I've explained this to hr and they are having none of it. They are refusing to back pay the money owed to me, even though the gym confirm I have been a member for the whole time.

So has anyone got any advise about how I can get hr to pay this?

Comments

• Options
    Talk to your boss, get him/ her to take up your case.
  • Options
    Do you belong to a union? They can be very helpful with this sort of thing, either giving you advice or, as a last resort, getting all militant at your HR department on your behalf.

I had a problem at work a few months back and my union were amazingly good, really fought my corner.