Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP - Tony Curtis

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
BBC

Comments

• rip loved him in the vikings
  • Showing my age, but I used to love The Persuaders and of course Some Like It Hot.
    Top man.
  • Very sad to hear this news.
  • Very sad, but what a full and varied life he had. RIP.
  • Loved his films, wanted to be like him when I was a kid. I think you can say that he lived a full life.
  • [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Showing my age, but I used to love The Persuaders and of course Some Like It Hot.
    Top man.

Loved the Persuaders. Sometimes (not presently) they have them on ITV 4, best part of 40 years on Curtis's Dino still looks good
  • Shame, I liked him. RIP
  • edited September 2010
    Best. Opening titles. Ever

RIP Not many people get a haircut named after them.
  • He was always entertaining when interviewed.

Died aged 85 but lived more life than most would get in 2 life times.
    It gos without saying there will be a film or 2 of his shown in the next few weeks, got to be the Vikings.
  • Sponsored links:

• When I first saw him doing the millionaire complete with Cary Grant accent in Some like it hot, it was one of he funniest things I've ever seen.

Curtis: what a lovely shell. We named the company after it.

Marilyn Monroe: You don't mean -

Curtis: Please. No names....

RIP
  • What a guy....

Curtis finally sets the record straight regarding the well-trafficked quote that kissing Marilyn Monroe was like kissing Hitler: "After the scene on the yacht, some of the crew and I stood around to watch the rushes, and afterwards they wanted to know what it was like to kiss her. I figured a question that stupid deserved a stupid answer, so I flippantly responded by saying, 'Kissing Marilyn is like kissing Hitler.' I was right—it was a stupid answer. What I should have said was 'What do you think kissing her is like, birdbrain?' Or I could have had the good sense to just say nothing. But my thoughtless comment became public knowledge, and the story still makes the rounds. So let me set the record straight once and for all: I hated Hitler. As a Jewish kid in New York, I threw condom bombs on pro-Nazi parades. I loved Marilyn Monroe. And she was a terrific kisser."
  • Top bloke, was a favourite of mine as a kid RIP
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Loved the Persuaders. Sometimes (not presently) they have them on ITV 4, best part of 40 years on Curtis's Dino still looks good

yes. I just heard Sir Roger Moore playing tribute to him. He said he's just come back from Sweden where he was forever signing box sets. RIP
  • RIP. What a guy. I believe he didn't just kiss Monroe...
  • one of Elvis' favourite actors, and the reason he died his hair black when he was younger.

RIP
  • quality quiff !
  • HE was Spartacus...!!!