Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anorac Alert

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
I know other, more important matters are occupying our minds at the moment but I thought I'd mention this as I know that there are at least two other people who may be interested. A steam day tour train is departing Victoria at 10.30 tomorrow morning heading for Hagtings via Bromley South and Rye. It is being hauled by 'Battle of Britain' class 4-6-2 'Tangmere'. This loco was one of the class that hauled the Golden Arrow boat train and other Southern expresses and should make a fine site steming through Kent and East Sussex. It will return to Victoria on a more direct route, via Bromley South, arriving around 4.30-5.00p.m. So if you've nothing better to do tomorrow go and stand on a bridge and get a faceful of soot. Right, now you can throw thigs at me!

Comments

• Oh dear. The Millwall fans are going to love reading this.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Oh dear. The Millwall fans are going to love reading this.[/quote]

absolute quaility
  • I give it an hour before this thread is linked on HoF or Millwall Online
  • K ... where's the K
  • Seriously.
    This has to be a pis$take?

Sink?
  • Load the torpedo's please! ;-)
  • Tangmere is currently under repair at Carnforth so it will be an LMS Black 5 5MT 4-6-0 44932, leaving Victoria at 1044hrs and arriving at Hastings at 1341hrs.
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Tangmere is currently under repair at Carnforth so it will be an LMS Black 5 5MT 4-6-0 44932, leaving Victoria at 1044hrs and arriving at Hastings at 1341hrs.

Sounds good, I will just check through my spotting notes for that one.
  • Ball's to the lot of you, you rotten bunch! Given March's recent health problems the bloke can post what he likes and if the thought of steam powered rolling stock gives him a semi that he wants to share news of with us then so be it... ;-)
  • Oh the excitement of digging out the Thermos after a dissapointing summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Load the torpedo's please! ;-)[/quote]

Hate sinking but this one is a defo sink

As i want to get my stamp collecting club up here and this might steal the limelight FFS
  • Anorak is spelled incorrectly. MY BLOOD IS BOILING
  • It was the visit to the New Den that did it for me, after all the football was sooooooooo boring and there were all those nice trains going passed it seemed far more fun to get the train numbers than watch the numbers on the backs of those little blokes with blue shirts who just didn't look like they knew that it was a football match.
  • Good to see March 51 back and posting.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Anorak is spelled incorrectly. MY BLOOD IS BOILING

V.good! :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Good to see March 51 back and posting.[/quote]

With posts like that is it ?? ;-)
  • edited September 2010
    The nigels might be a bit quiet on the anorack theme nowadays - given that one of their new backers is REAL railway enthusiast.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/leisure/article7046953.ece
  • True spotters wear Berghaus jackets these days March.
    Do true and keep up mate ; )
  • Thanks TC, I'll stick with my trusty old duffel coat (and matching bag).
  • FFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSS

ENOUGH OF THIS TRAIN CACK
  • Sponsored links:

• not cack cack try chuff chuff
  • Thought this was a thread about the Nigel's collecting crisp packets again.
  • Anorak or not, I love steam trains, they take me back to my childhood. Somehow todays electrified commuter cattle trucks don't have the same appeal.

Nice one March51
  • Hands up who wants to sit next to March 51.....
  • This has got to be a wind up, right????
  • March, have you got the hornby locomotive replica yet? its fantastic
  • Was that after he had the 'shock treatment' or before?

And thanks Alex, another member of the trainspotters' clique!