Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2010/11 Ashes thread

Comments

• Options
    just got a boundary. shocking!
  • Options
    hahahaha a new day and suddenly its great to be english again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]hahahaha a new day and suddenly its great to be english again

It's always been great to be English.

It's just other nationalities that think differently.
  • Options
    OMG - how close was that? Hussey almost c&b Anderson. Jimmy is on fucking FIRE here.
  • Options
    Typical, missed it thanks to tremendously slow skyplayer/internet.
  • Options
    What a start that was! Amazing stuff.
  • Options
    Great start. Sitting on my patio on the west coast of Mexico, drinking Modelo, whilst the enclosure next door is having a full on fiesta... surreal!

Aussies seem to be steadying the ship a bit now.
  • Options
    Sorry lads - it's my fault.
    I'd gone to bed and was drifting off to sleep when a mate texted me to say that the Aussies were three down already, so I just had to get up again and come downstairs.
    Then nothing, not a sniff.
    And now my two year ild has just thrown up and the khazi is blocked.
    Magic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Sorry lads - it's my fault.
    I'd gone to bed and was drifting off to sleep when a mate texted me to say that the Aussies were three down already, so I just had to get up again and come downstairs.
    Then nothing, not a sniff.
    And now my two year ild has just thrown up and the khazi is blocked.
    Magic.

Now thats a cracking start to the morning mate, made me feel like my 3am start in work this morning aint that bad
  • Options
    Aussies at least 100 short. Hopefully we can fill our boots on the 2nd day, and watch Pointing moaning as usual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That wicket didn't look any more dangerous than Brisbane IMO. On that basis and previous track record I'm hoping they are about 200 short. This is looking hopeful .
  • Options
    Australia, or any side winning the toss and batting first would normally expect to score 400 at least at Adelaide and it's been one of Ponting's best grounds - he has scored over 1400 runs in Tests there, maybe he was due a failure?

There's still a lot of hard work to do, but I don't see anything in the pitch or conditions that should overly encourage the bowlers, the ball barely swung and there was only some gentle turn for Swann. England should look to bat for the next five sessions and score around 450-500 and put Australia out the game.
  • Options
    You said exactly what I'm thinking BFR. Ideally, bat through to lunch without losing a wicket & then we should be well set.
  • Options
    What's the start time tonight gents
  • Options
    midnight
  • Options
    Thanks ils hmm think I will get up early as opposed to staying up.
  • Options
    WTF Strauss ?
  • Options
    Bugger!
  • Options
    Seriously? What was he playing at?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not the cricket ball, that's for sure..
  • Options
    Saw another Charlton flag!
  • Options
    just mentioned 'charlton' flag in the crowd on radio five live. yeah addicks respresent, lol.
  • Options
    Yeah, the Charlton Flag

Go Dave & Harry, whoever you are!!!!!

Good morning so far after Strauss.

Go England!
  • Options
    The fella that plays the trumpet for the barmy army (Bill Cooper) is a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Some might say he is a fair weather charlton fan, but that is just jealousy on my part!
  • Options
    It is glorious here in Aussie.. wonderful glorious sunshine.. about 29 degrees...

watching the Aussies keep dropping chances.. and us just edging our way to victory.. waiting for this to wrap up then down the boozer on top of a hill with a great view over Melbourne.. pint of Carlton.. happy days... Shame the Charlton games been called off...
  • Options
    is it going to be a draw again
  • Options
    it shouldnt be nla. england still have 8 wickets in hand and are already over 70 in front. if we can add another 250 then put the aussies into bat, we have over 2 days to really put pressure on them. almost like a reverse of the first test. Only problem, like the first test, is will the wicket allow our bowlers to take 10 wickets. Hearing poor weather forecast could also scupper our chances.....still remain hopeful of and england win tho.
  • Options
    I reckon we'll win this unless bad weather intervenes. Botham said he thought it was going to rain non stop for the last 2 days, but I don't know if he was joking or not. The official forecast is showers for the last 2 days.