Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tooth implants

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
Has anyone here had a tooth implanted ?

Been having some right trouble with mine lately and may have to have my second tooth in as many weeks removed. Was thinking of looking into having one replaced with an implant

Comments

• Not cheap, but worth it in the long run.
    Got mine done at Westcombe Park dentist (next to station).
    Can definately recommend
  • I have two (no adult teeth there). Had a plate with two false teeth on it for years which was a complete pain. Had them done about 8 years ago and had no problems with them at all. Cost about £500 with our local NHS dentist. don't notice them there at all. would recommend it.
  • Friend of mine had quite a few replaced, went to Harley street dentist who organised the porcedure in Hungary, with after care in the Uk, was a lot cheaper,I have a feeling he had upto 7 implants
  • Flippin 'eck , I've been told they would cost about £1500-£2000 each. Where did you get it done for that kigelia?

With twins on the way I certainly can't afford £1500
  • I have 3 and my little brother (Fatterthanandyreid) has 4. We both had a number of 2nd teeth which just weren't there, a rare / weird hereditary thing - we both managed to get them done on the NHS at Guys Hospital when we were about 19. Had mine for 5 years or so now - they are excellent, pretty much forget they aren't real teeth even myself. Mind you it was a very unpleasant operation to have carried out just under local anaesthetic, although I think ours may have been more complicated due to the way in which the gum / surrounding teeth had formed in the absence of second teeth - i believe its much more straightforward if they are literally just going into the gap to replace a previous tooth which has been knocked out / removed.

It was my understanding that they cost between £1500 - £2000 as you say Buckshee, £500 seems incredibly cheap.
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Flippin 'eck , I've been told they would cost about £1500-£2000 each. Where did you get it done for that kigelia?

With twins on the way I certainly can't afford £1500

My local dentists, was all on the NHS but was about 8-9 years ago so I am sure prices have moved on since then. I got the two teeth and some work done on my back teeth as part of the same course of treatment.

My dentist is really good, but only works in the area (swanscombe) a couple of days per week so you have to book appointments a long way in advance. Happy to pass on details if anyone needs a dentist.
  • Went to the dentist yesterday to enquire about it. I've still got a milktooth that won't come out on its own and after doing the x-ray they have found that my adult tooth has grown above my milktooth! So I need to have the milktooth taken out and have braces fitted to bring the adult tooth into place. Braces at 29 - damn!
  • Bloke at work did his through these guys, Polish My Smile

Genius name I think you'll agree! ;-)

Honestly don't know what they are like but my work colleague seems OK.
  • Mr Windscreen went to a specalist to get an estimate as he is missing quite a few teeth and most of the remainder were starting to come loose. After a quick look the dentist said "I wouldnt bother, you have a new set of teeth coming through" (only doubles)
  • been quoted £700 for one !
  • Sponsored links:

• from what I've seen GH that's not a bad price. Where was that?
  • [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Not cheap, but worth it in the long run.
    Got mine done at Westcombe Park dentist (next to station).
    Can definately recommend

I go to that one, great dentist!! Once got a filling the geezer didnt even numb me gob and it didnt hurt, infact i could hardly feel it!! Genius!! And the hygenist is a sort.
  • Bloke at work did his through these guys, Polish My Smile

Genius name I think you'll agree! ;-)

Honestly don't know what they are like but my work colleague seems OK.
    First Polish plumbers and electricians, now Polish dentists.