Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So what have you learnt today

Comments

• Options
    i learnt that the word hooligan was because of some irish geezer's name in east london. not that long ago either.

can't remember specific details tho, so not that good!
  • Options
    Today's I have learnt is well I will be learning later today how to use my newly purchased CD Thermal printer when I get home this evening. So I can more professionally label my Mix CD's.
  • Options
    Today I learnt that Rula Lenska is 59 years old. Allegedly!
  • Options
    Today I have learnet about the Birds and the Bee's! Woohoo, Im gonna get me one of those Honey's!
  • Options
    Today I have learnt that Charlton will probably not sign anyone in the transfer window.
  • Options
    .....it snowed!
  • Options
    i also learnt that charltondan doesn't like the snow.
  • Options
    That you really can buy Gnomes in football kit.
  • Options
    you love your gnomes lookout.......

today I learnt that even though im sick as a dog... my new boss doesnt really give a t*ss as Im very new in the job... I spose I understand but its gobbing up horrible things from my throat so I cant really do much about it....
  • Options
    'ere we go

"the word derives from a Patrick Hooligan, a small-time bouncer and thief, who lived in the Borough, on the south side of the river. With his family and a small gang of followers he frequented the Lamb and Flag public house in Southwark (not to be confused with the older and more famous hostelry of the same name across the river in Covent Garden). Mr Hooligan murdered a policeman, was put away for life and died in prison. Another writer, Earnest Weekley, said in his Romance of Words in 1912: “The original Hooligans were a spirited Irish family of that name whose proceedings enlivened the drab monotony of life in Southwark about fourteen years ago”

interesting eh? i thought so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I learnt (in the early hours) that my son is very stubborn when it comes to taking medicine (or not taking it)

I also learnt that commuters find it very amusing if you wake up on train with a loud nasal snort.
  • Options
    I've learnt that, in so far as the fit bird in my office is concerned, there's no such thing as harmless flirting!!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    LOL...much depends on your definition of harmless!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]'ere we go

"“The original Hooligans were a spirited Irish family of that name whose proceedings enlivened the drab monotony of life in Southwark about fourteen years ago”

interesting eh? i thought so.

that last sentence - is this where the irish for a party comes from also - hooley?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I also learnt that commuters find it very amusing if you wake up on train with a loud nasal snort.

ha ha, thats funny man
  • Options
    I've learnt that my Vauxhall Corsa does not cope well in the snow. I was sliding all over the place this morning, scared the sh*t out of me it did!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    i've learnt that not all will ferrel films r good, tallaganda nights is ****

infact i also found out how fun it is threatening banks with court action and gettin all your charges for the last 6 years given back to you, wahoo almost £600 transfered back in2 my account from mr Halifax!!!
  • Options
    I remembered my BMW really does not work in the snow (17 year old car and last year I spun it in the snow, doh!) got up early and took Mrs Pickwicks Renault Scenic to work.

aliwibble,
    ahem,
    work in the parking industry (10+ yrs), my favourite ever parking excuse was quote ' my eyesight is really bad and I did not see the no parking signs' - which of course begged the question if your eyesight is so bad you missed the 6ft by 3 ft no parking signs what are you doing driving? Can't remember how we translated that into an appeal rejection letter - I think we just ignored the excuse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]I remembered my BMW really does not work in the snow (17 year old car and last year I spun it in the snow, doh!) got up early and took Mrs Pickwicks Renault Scenic to work.

aliwibble,
    ahem,
    work in the parking industry (10+ yrs), my favourite ever parking excuse was quote ' my eyesight is really bad and I did not see the no parking signs' - which of course begged the question if your eyesight is so bad you missed the 6ft by 3 ft no parking signs what are you doing driving? Can't remember how we translated that into an appeal rejection letter - I think we just ignored the excuse.

Dear Mr Pickwick,

Have you really just owned up to be worse than a Spud, on par with Simon Jordan...........?

With your qualifications, you could always realise a lifelong ambition to become a Premier League referee.
    We could do with one on our side for once. :-)
  • Options
    i have now learnt (courtesy of Scruffle) that talledega nights is crap. i downloaded it last week and was due to watch it tonight. thanks Scruffle. i will now watch little miss sunshine instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah i also downloaded it, watched it this morn, now wish i had watched new bond again instead
  • Options
    Mr Oggy Red

I have owned up to what I do in the past, you must be new here?!

I am licensced to immobolise vehicles (ie stick a clamp on!)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    BASTARDO
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Pickwick, are you licensced to carry out any other activities?
  • Options
    Stirling Moss does arty photo shoots....
  • Options
    that housewives earn their keep!
  • Options
    The dealer who I purchased my motorbike from does not want to buy it back from me!! To**er
  • Options
    I used to work with "CoveredEnd" 20 years ago!
  • Options
    That scotland now has cameras looking at cameras,whatever next.
  • Options
    That in order to get drunk in the City it costs you a ridiculous amount of money. Hic