Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

University Pilgramages

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else on a pilgrimage to take their off spring to University this weekend. Eloise hits 20 today and leaves for Stafford Uni in Stoke tomorrow, top box is on the car ready for her shoes!!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Anyone else on a pilgrimage to take their off spring to University this weekend. Eloise hits 20 today and leaves for Stafford Uni in Stoke tomorrow, top box is on the car ready for her shoes!!

I had that "pleasure" last Sunday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Anyone else on a pilgrimage to take their off spring to University this weekend. Eloise hits 20 today and leaves for Stafford Uni in Stoke tomorrow, top box is on the car ready for her shoes!!

I had that "pleasure" last Sunday.

I took my son 4 years ago, bloody nightmare, all those bloody parents with their kids. Its a bit more poignant as she is the youngest of two, so really cutting loose the apron strings. That said we thought we would be empty nesters but Jamie returned home a few weeks ago, after his company RealTime Worlds went into administration.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It's just the two of us at the moment although if the middle one doesn't sort herself out workwise I can see her coming back home before too long.

I agree with you it is always more poignant when the youngest leaves. Her being at home took the edge off the other two going. It's her second year and I found it just as bad as last year. I'll probably be on my Jack Jones a lot of the time at The Valley now as she usually comes with me although my eldest lives near us and still likes to come to games sometimes.
  • Options
    Len, which one is Ruth who've I've met? The Youngest?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Len, which one is Ruth who've I've met? The Youngest?

Yep.
  • Options
    When we left my son for the first tiem in Leeds my wife cried in the car and I laughed at her, won't be making that mistake Sunday!!!
  • Options
    Want to go UCL, mainly so i can still go charlton :)
  • Options
    My son (unless he takes a year off) will be off to Uni next year. I've told him the LSE is a very good place to go ;-)
  • Options
    Off to Hull Saturday 25th with our youngest daughter and planning to stop overnight ...just to make sure all is well. Remember leaving Ms Lat at Lincoln 3 years ago I felt desperate leaving her at the time but she has grown and flown! Bex appears to be a much stronger character but is showing signs of anxiety. She should be well prepared though as she went to a new school to do her A levels where she barely new anyone. So that leaves me and Mrs Lat rattling about! Hull and Lincoln are hardly close to Kettering either!!
  • Options
    Just packing up to get back to Sheffield tommorow hard times im going on mega bus!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the big difference between students today and in 'my day', is that in modern times they expect to have their time away as similar to their home lives, with all the same home comforts.
    My parents had a nice home with heating and telephone etc yet I lived in a damp house with no tv and a telephone at the end of the street.
    After the very first time when my dad took me, I just turned up on the train or bus with a backpack.
    Kids today have so many possessions, it's taking TWO trips to get step daughter down to Canterbury this weekend!
  • Options
    Well, I retreived our eldest son from Warwick for the last time on Sat - after 4 years there he's just finished a masters in Economics. He loves the student life and would stay on for a Phd if the bank of mum and dad had not closed it's doors to him.
  • Options
    Eloise is ensconced in Stoke, now I can remove th top biox from the car. Did not expect to hear from her till December .. got a call today ... she needed a "favour"!!! And the state she has left her room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!