Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sky Sports HD

Not sure if I'm being paranoid but now that Sky Sports HD is out have they made the 'normal' sky sports blurrier? To me the picture now looks cack compared to other non-HD channels.

Comments

• I thought the same at the weekend actually

Naughty if it's true
  • It's not you - it's a known issue with the HD boxes. SKy refuse to admit it, but the SD picture quality on Sky HD boxes is, always has been, and probably always will continue to be utter p-ants. You can fanny around with some of the settings which might help you out. Check this forum post out on Digital Spy: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1233472&page=3 - I think it details your problemj along with some suggestions for ameliorating it. Be prepared for a frustrating time though - I went through a similar process at work on a 65" screen, and couldn't get a decent SD picture after nearly two hours of fiddling.
  • It just looks that way once you go from HD to Normal. It's fine on mine.I dont even bother with the HD most of the time.
  • pretty sure some lesser matches are broadcast at lower quality on the sd channels, in the past anyhow
  • [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]Not sure if I'm being paranoid but now that Sky Sports HD is out have they made the 'normal' sky sports blurrier? To me the picture now looks cack compared to other non-HD channels.

set up my HD box on Monday and gotta agree with this, although I have to say that the HD is the absolute nuts !
  • anyone know if you can edit your sky anytine preferences on line now? I think you used to be able to but can't see it now
  • Get my Sky Sports through cable. Standard picture is good HD is better.
  • Some HD tv's (believe it or not) display a worse standard def picture than others - which might make the SD seem worse then before if you've just got a new tv, I suspect they do broadcast in lower quality though particularly for lesser matches
  • Different channels have different quality displays, so football aired on a lesser channel will be boxy. Grass which moves slightly in the wind is not good for digital pictures and footballers moving at a distance do not lend themselves either (Abbott would probably look ok though).

Mind you, you wouldn't put it past Sky to do something like that would you?