Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3 away wins in 4 years !!!

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
That is all i have seen !

29 Jan 03 West Brom away, midweek, won 1-0

23 Aug 03 Wolves away, won 4-0

2 Nov 04 Spurs away, won 3-2

Haven't seen an away win since Nov 04.

Unbelievable....

Anyone else on a similar poor record ???

Comments

• Options
    last away win was Everton 1-0 Jan 2005

am on a 6 game losing streak.

Norwich 1-0

Arsenal 3-0
    Middlesbrough 4-2
    Fulham 2-1

Fulham 2-1
    Reading 2-0
  • Options
    Let's hope we see more next season?
  • Options
    Monday 20th November 2003

1-0 at Blackburn with Parker, Jensen & Di Canio ruling the roost - just think how good we could have been with a decent striker back then.

I'm not counting a 2-1 win at a friendly versus Wycombe Wanderers............
  • Options
    Oakster, the second of mine was when we nearly got turned over afterwards waiting for Riscardo to buy a mango milkshake.

How long ago does that seem ?? And i've only seen 1 away win since then !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Oakster, the second of mine was when we nearly got turned over afterwards waiting for Riscardo to buy a mango milkshake.

How long ago does that seem ?? And i've only seen 1 away win since then !!

Turned over ... lol
  • Options
    west brom away was the last league away win i saw, in fact i went to the four away wins on the bounce at the beginning of last season - sunderland, boro, brum and brom.

since then it's been 5 away defeats and 2 draws.

thankfully i saw victory in the cup at wednesday and chesterfield (if we're counting pens)
  • Options
    Jesus, just worked it out and I've only seen one away win (THAT game against Palarse) in at least the last 5 years. I didn't have the heart to go back over the fixtures any earlier than that - too bleedin depressing!

I don't get to as many away games as I used to these days, but even so! I can remember that season where we won 11 or 12 on the road - went to them all. We would've gone up that year if our home form wasn't so bob.
  • Options
    I saw all 5 of our consecutive away wins at the start of last season, but since then I have a big fat zero. After the shambolic performance at Reading earlier this season I decided that enough was enough and I have not been to an away game since. Hence I missed the Portsmouth win on Saturday. I will probably force myself to go to Watford but that might be it for this season.

Mind you, does the 1-0 away win for the reserves last night count??
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Phew - someone has just reminded me that I went to Spurs when we won 3-2, so that's TWO away wins in FIVE years then. Not as bad as I thought - but still disgraceful!
  • Options
    Yes AFKA I remember waiting outside some god forbidden takeaway a few hundred yards from Molineux while hordes of Burberry clad pissed of Wolves fans swarmed about looking for Charlton to take revenge on.......

Meanwhile inside the takeaway Ricardo was ordering the first mango milkshake they had sold there in years, with the poor girl hunting around for (a). the recipe (b). some mango & (c). the milkshake machine

Christ that was years ago :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    chesterfield, wednesday and grimsby in the cups if that counts
  • Options
    bump

34 months later and i finally break my jinx !!!!
  • Options
    maybe more people will go to away games now that we are winning them now.
  • Options
    Well apparently Colchester tickets are now starting to get shifted quite quickly.
  • Options
    And I had a Mango Milkshake in the kebab shop just up from the Station at Norwood ... quality