Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This is england'86

Comments

• Options
    great actor that dude,yes maybe set in early 90s coming out to the rave scene
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]great actor that dude,yes maybe set in early 90s coming out to the rave scene

He'd be too old by then to base it around him, and back in the 80's/early 90's man slaughter actually meant hard time 10 yrs plus, not the out by morning attitude now
  • Options
    Did anyone else think the dodgy dad looked like a bearded NLA ?

Very disappointed with the whole thing tbh. Some good characters there, but thought the plot lines could have been so much better. Also feel that some people will think it is great simply because you don't see too much on tv that was as harrowing as a couple of those scenes.
  • Options
    How did everyone see it when they was at the match?

I forgot to set the recorder and i would like to see the last one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]How did everyone see it when they was at the match?

I forgot to set the recorder and i would like to see the last one

Interactive catch-up on Virginmedia
  • Options
    entire series is available on 4od
  • Options
    Am i right in saying the This is England film was about Shane Meadows life as a kid? Is it the same with 86?
  • Options
    Very disappointing, there was a kid who was getting beaten by his dad at the end of an episode which was never mentioned again, did the guy find out that his mate was shagging his wife to be? Far too much nostalgia and I have no idea why the world cup was mentioned so much. If they do another one I hope it's a prequel from before the film.
  • Options
    I agree. Don't see why they didn't do another film, not big budget and after the first one done so well. Even if the had made it 6 episodes and actually tied up some loose ends it would of been better, rather than it all being about the blonde bird.
  • Options
    Virgin Media and 4od can i get that through my Sky? or are they internet based
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Did anyone else think the dodgy dad looked like a bearded NLA ?

Very disappointed with the whole thing tbh. Some good characters there, but thought the plot lines could have been so much better. Also feel that some people will think it is great simply because you don't see too much on tv that was as harrowing as a couple of those scenes.

what the FECK a rapist and a peado wheres the admin team when you need them and i am getting it for call nathan a scouser that must warrent a fooking ban

i do not look like a bearded action man
  • Options
    No you misunderstand, he meant you look like a peado :-)
  • Options
    According to IMDB the actor who plays said wrong un father is only 35/36! Hard paper round if true.
  • Options
    he was also in the worlds worst film ever made... sorry Clive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]he was also in the worlds worst film ever made... sorry Clive.

Green street 2?
  • Options
    Daylight robbery with barry from eastenders
  • Options
    According to wiki Barry is a Charlton fan. Now where's that famous fans thread?
  • Options
    Enjoyed the series. Was a little disappointed with the original film.

Think there will be another one. Rumours are 1990.
  • Options
    Just finished the last episode. All four episodes were brilliant and been the best drama on Tv for ages. I thought this was better than the film and quite an intense finale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All I know is I love Combo for that.
  • Options
    Agree that it was disappointing, some good moments but too many daft bits that just made it into an adult hollyoaks (all too common on channel 4, think the only time ive seen them avoid shit wackiness was Red Riding). Stephen Graham was superb in that final episode though, watching that and remembering his performance in the climax of the film you realise what a great actor he can be, not sure the gangster roles hes taking in the US are the best vehicle for his talent...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Se12Addick[/cite]Agree that it was disappointing, some good moments but too many daft bits that just made it into an adult hollyoaks (all too common on channel 4, think the only time ive seen them avoid shit wackiness was Red Riding). Stephen Graham was superb in that final episode though, watching that and remembering his performance in the climax of the film you realise what a great actor he can be, not sure the gangster roles hes taking in the US are the best vehicle for his talent...

I wish he'd been in the series more, by far the best actor and the best performance amongst some very poor co-stars.
  • Options
    Hes playing al capone SE12, alongside steve buscemi not really a role most actors would turn down I wouldnt think.
  • Options
    Also in the new pirates of the caribean film with mr depp.
  • Options
    Yeah fair enough you're right, and hes been good as Capone so far - hope he gets more screentime, just that hes capable of a lot more than playing a straight nutter.
  • Options
    loved it when he bit action man and punched him in the kidneys did what everyone wanted him to do
  • Options
    Boardwalk Empire is amazing, can't wait until it get's going and Nucky starts doing his deals with the big seven; including Graham as Capone.

Have to say thought the acting was brilliant in this is england, but everyone was utterly one dimensional just cliche drivel. Really quite dissapointed by the series.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Short film with a few of the "this is England 86" actors in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-8J8A2tHrA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not suitable for work without headphones
  • Options
    Looks like its this is england 1990 up next , sounds blinding

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/850085-this-is-england-90-given-green-light-by-channel-4