Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter 1 - 0 Charlton - Player ratings

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
If you were at the game today, help us compile the Statbank for the season and post your player ratings, out of ten, half marks allowed. Copy and paste the list below, Thanks

Elliot -
Francis -
Doherty -
Llera -
Fry -
Martin -
Semedo -
McCormack -
Reid -
Abbott -
Benson -
Wagstaff -

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 5
    Doherty - 7
    Llera - 7
    Fry - 6
    Martin - 6
    Semedo - 5
    McCormack - 5
    Reid - 5
    Abbott - 5
    Benson - 6
    Wagstaff - 6

(we badly miss Lloyd Sam)
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 5
    Doherty - 7.5
    Llera - 6
    Fry - 7
    Martin - 6.5
    Semedo - 6.5
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 6
    Abbott - 5
    Benson - 7

Wagstaff - 6
  • Options
    I bet you miss Lloyd Sam. I know some of you say that he goes missing in the winter but time will tell. Hes had 4 lg games for Leeds and 4 games he has impressed. Theres 2 decent wingers waiting to take his place but so far he has adapted to the championship again excellent. Not sure how you will do but at least Saints dont look a threat and top spot is still anyones. Good luck.!!
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 5
    Doherty - 6
    Llera - 5
    Fry - 5
    Martin - 6
    Semedo - 6
    McCormack - 5
    Reid - 6
    Abbott - 6
    Benson - 7
    Wagstaff - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Llera - 6
    Fry - 5
    Martin - 6
    Semedo - 6
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 6
    Abbott - 6
    Benson - 6
    Wagstaff - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Llera - 5
    Fry - 6
    Martin - 7
    Semedo - 6
    McCormack - 5
    Reid - 6
    Abbott - 5
    Benson - 6
    Wagstaff - 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 5
    Doherty - 6.5
    Llera - 6
    Fry - 6.5
    Martin - 6
    Semedo - 6.5
    McCormack - 5
    Reid - 6
    Abbott - 5
    Benson - 6
    Wagstaff - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 5
    Doherty - 7
    Llera - 5
    Fry - 6
    Martin - 7
    Semedo - 6
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 5
    Abbott - 6
    Benson - 6
    Wagstaff - 6
  • Options
    Interesting ratings. From the reaction of some of the mugs on here yesterday who clearly DIDN'T go you'd think we were worse than we were in the debacle against Wycombe in the league cup a few years back. Nice to get a slightly more realistic view from those who actually went to the game.

FWIW I think we should be beating teams like Exeter if we want to go up automatically, but the league is going to be very tight this year and I think, if the team gels, we've got a chance of a playoff spot, nothing more.
  • Options
    Agreed Leroy. Just watching this Brentford game and they should be 3-0 up against Sheff Weds and that's bottom against top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 7.5 kicking still not the best but some good saves including from the orginal Cureton shot.
    Francis - 6 better than before, not convinced just yet however.
    Doherty - 6 ok
    Llera - 4 the guy is a clown, sure it was him that did not deal with the original ball over the top, should never have dived in aswell. Dailly and Fortune need to get fit.
    Fry - 6 ok
    Martin- 7 tried hard, some good touches and probably not his best position
    Semedo - 6 ok, not his usual self
    McCormack - 6 needs to stop moaning at the ref, silly booking. Racon to play next week alongside Jose.
    Reid - 6 not his usual standard, should have scored.
    Abbott - 6 he is no Deon
    Benson - 6 not going to criticise, plenty of room for improvement.
    Wagstaff - 6.5 worked hard, tried to get involved and link up.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 (did okay, couple of good saves)
    Francis - 4 (poor, passing awful, positioning dreadful, slow chasing back)
    Doherty - 6 (ok)
    Llera - 4 (poor game, all over the shop)
    Fry - 7 (thought he played better than Jackson has in any game at LB this season, should keep his place)
    Martin - 7 (works hard, should ahve done better with a one on one, but ok)
    Semedo - 6 (not as good as normal, maybe because Mac was alongside him)
    McCormack - 4 (after a couple of ok games back to the form he showed at Welling. Think Racon a better foil for Semedo, maybe even Martin with Waggy wide)
    Reid - 7.5 (probably our best player, unlike with one dipping effort well saved, NOT a cross)
    Abbott - 6.5 (worked hard, no service)
    Benson - 6.5 (no service, should have done better with one effort, ok)
    Waggy - 7 (did well when he came on, would have dropped Martin into midfield in place of Mac with Waggy and Jackson wide)
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 6 Best game so far, but still don't like him. However, he needs 10 games not 5 to judge him overall.
    Doherty - 6
    Llera - 5 Lost us the game, missed a simple ball over his head & then brings the guy down. We need to play Fry, Fortune or maybe Semedo if Dailly's out.
    Fry - 7 Good solid game, impressed me again when you consider age & experience & lack of games.
    Martin - 6 Ok, nothing he is trying is coming to fruition atm.
    Semedo - 6.5
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 6
    Abbott - 5.5 Disappointing & not looking like scoring
    Benson - 6
    Wagstaff - 6

Based on my scoring I suppose my MOM was Fry, but in truth there wasn't anyone that played that well
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 our best player, another good performance.
    Francis - 3 Terrible passing, constant aimless long balls down the channels. Although to be fair the midfield did not show at all.
    Doherty - 6 Not bad, lack of pace is a worry though.
    Llera - 6 Again not too bad but not great
    Fry - 6.5 promising performance, some good covering tackles
    Martin - 6.5 worked very hard and showed some nice touches. A bit lightweight though at this level
    Semedo - 5.5 very poor by his high standards. Overrun in midfield by livelier opposition.
    McCormack -4 very poor game. 2nd touch was always a tackle - game passed him by.
    Reid - 6 not bad, quite lively. Had no support and no end product
    Abbott -5.5 As Large mentions above. The front 2 had not support at all. Worked hard.
    Benson - 6 As with Abbott. I'm sure he will get better - some encouraging touches and runs
    Wagstaff - 6 Made no impact. Worked hard as always.

All in all thoroughly depressing.

Special mention to the Exeter no 7 who scored the penatly. He looks a very good player at this level and dominated the game - Just the sort of 'go to' midfielder we could really do with.
  • Options
    My first league game of season, although did see the JPT. Very disapointing other than 15 mins early in the second half when we started to put it together

Elliot - 6.5 - good game other than a few wayward kicks, deano style
    Francis - 5 - poor - summed it up late in the game when called for it short and he belted it over his head
    Doherty - 7 - very solid - will be even better with Dailly (or Fortune I suspect)
    Llera - 5
    Fry - 7 - good and solid defensivly but doesnt add a lot going forward
    Martin - 6.5 - promising and worked hard
    Semedo - 6 - poor by his standards - rarely got on the ball
    McCormack - 4.5 - awful - not sure what he is supposed to be adding - nothing defensively - nothing attacking - just nothing
    Reid - 6 -never looked right from the start
    Abbott - 6
    Benson - 6.5 - be interesting to see how good he might be if we ever passed to his feet - I'm none the wiser

Wagstaff - 6.5 - was geeting frustrted while he was on but trying really hard - made one great run into space for a 1 on 1 with but Abbot knocked it far too hard and out. Somehow waggy must get in the team

Question - did anyone se benson handball it for our diallowed goal?

Overall a poor performance but they were no better and a draw would have been a fair result
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Question - did anyone se benson handball it for our diallowed goal?

no, but thought I saw Abbott handball it.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 Good solid game, good positioning, and a great stop from Llera's mistake that led to pen.
    Francis - 6 First time I'd seen him, thought he looked okay actually - often found himself alone facing 2 opponents.
    Doherty - 8 MOM Solid steady game, organised the back line well, takes responsibility
    Llera - 6 Why couldn't he stay on his feet instead of rashly going to ground? Other than that, he worked well with Doc
    Fry - 7 Looks a proper defender, good timing, simple distribution. Bit of an unneccessary booking
    Martin - 7 This lad should have been man of the match, well involved but somehow doesn't quite have enough end product
    Semedo - 6 Solid. Solid. Solid ....... but that's all, very average by his standards. Needs a creative CM alongside him
    McCormack - 6 Covered well, but always the safe option. Nothing creative. Maybe he's playing to instructions?
    Reid - 6 Defences don't really have an answer to him, but often poor decision making. Expected better from him.
    Abbott - 6 Took up great positions but didn't see much of the ball. Virtually no service.
    Benson - 7 Impressed. Buzzed around trying to make things happen, but little support from midfield
    Lloyd Sam - If only .......we haven't replaced him, there's no real passing outlet from defence, and no one to hold the ball and bring others into play..... let alone play a penetrative ball to feet.

Waggy - 7 Played with enthusiasm when he came on, chased and harried - but never got the ball in dangerous areas
    Jacko - 7 Some tidy play and neat passing from midfield in his cameo.
    Akpo - 6 Offered something different. Brave, nasty clash of heads soon after coming on.

Parky - 6 Come on, mate........tactically, it's not really working, is it?
    This is a game we never looked like losing, but never winning either.

We sit too deep, which lets teams dominate midfield and take the game to us..... allowing them plenty of shots at our goal from distance. While opponents don't often penetrate us, it means we stop ourselves playing.

Why? To protect Llera and Doc from being exposed by their lack of pace?
    To get behind opponents and find space on the counter? If so, it's not working.

Crowd - 4 There's more atmosphere and singing in your local dentist's waiting room.
    We took nearly 700 supporters and didn't make a murmur - until the final whistle, some hurling abuse at Parkinson.

As a crowd, we've got to do better than that at games!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    Lloyd Sam - If only .......we haven't replaced him, there's no real passing outlet from defence, and no one to hold the ball and bring others into play..... let alone play a penetrative ball to feet.

Ha ha let it go Oggy let it go, time to move on mate he's gone ;-)
  • Options
    It's not about wanting Lloyd Sam back, Unc .......but the team is crying out for some one to fulfill his role.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It's not about wanting Lloyd Sam back, Unc .......but the team is crying out for some one to fulfill his role.

Dazzler anyone? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oi!
  • Options
    Couldn't resist mate...Blame Oggy he set me up lovely for it.
  • Options
    Don't blame me, I'm just enjoying my sodding sodden miserable Monday morning.