Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

racon not going

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8366225.Racon_staying_with_Charlton/

whats your opinion on this personally i think hes a good playing and im happy that hes staying

Comments

• Options
    Not proven to be worth the wages he's on, would have understood if he was sold. Happy for him to stay but really should push on and offer more in games.

Some reason they've called him a playmaker in that article...!
  • Options
    He's one of those players that seems to be conspicuous by his anonymity. Half an hour after you leave the ground you remember he's been playing. Heard people say he's 'creative' and 'a playmaker' for ages now, so hope we start seeing him creating so play soon!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I think Racon falls foul of the same thing Sam did - people have excessively high expectations of him and judge him on what they think he should be doing, not what he does.

I'd like him to be a bit more consistent, at least in his attacking play but I think he does just as good a disciplined job for the team as McCormack has, so far, plus he has the ability to do more than Mac on a good day. He's certainly nowhere near as annoymous or ineffective as seems to have become accepted wisdom on here. I'm pleased he's staying and hope he plays regularly.
  • Options
    Good goal on Monday -maybe that will get him going. I'd play him on Saturday to see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Good goal on Monday

And even better goal on Tuesday ........sorry Mutts, couldn't resist!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Makes me laugh when people comment on what players supposedly get paid when in reality we don't have any positive idea, it's all pure speculation

And now that we've got him til January (unless he goes out on loan which is obviously highly unlikely) it doesn't matter how much each individual earns. We just need to pick the best XI now. Whether Racon deserves to be in that is another matter.
  • Options
    This
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]I think Racon falls foul of the same thing Sam did - people have excessively high expectations of him and judge him on what they think he should be doing, not what he does.

I'd like him to be a bit more consistent, at least in his attacking play but I think he does just as good a disciplined job for the team as McCormack has, so far, plus he has the ability to do more than Mac on a good day. He's certainly nowhere near as annoymous or ineffective as seems to have become accepted wisdom on here. I'm pleased he's staying and hope he plays regularly.
    and this
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Makes me laugh when people comment on what players supposedly get paid when in reality we don't have any positive idea, it's all pure speculation
  • Options

was what RM said at the EGM not a 'positive idea' then ?