Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is going Villa away ?

edited September 2006 in Match Day Travel
And anyone have any info on train prices etc.

Bet we have never had to wait till the end of September for our first visit outside London before...

Comments

• Options
    You can get a saver return for 36.20 on virgin up and back on the day. Imthinking about it.
  • Options
    i've heard you can get two singles for £10 each, not sure if still available. Also there is a cheaper option on a slightly slower train apparently.
  • Options
    i dont think available now for 10 quid. bit late i would imagine. although i may be wrong on trainline.com a ticket all the way to Witton station is 36 quid.

i may well drive anyway.
  • Options
    quite sad i'm missing this, always have a good day/evening up there
  • Options
    ps, can't you buy £15 on the day tickets on the slower train (takes 2.5 hours ish?)
  • Options
    oh yes but why doesnt that come up on trainline? whats that service again?
  • Options
    chiltern chugger

doesn't come up cos trainline is a rip off!!
  • Options
    yep im going, £15 return on the train. getting that thing from the club. goes from marelybone i believe
  • Options
    what thing from the club ?
  • Options
    3 of us going by car.

Went by train last year and I think it was about £18 if booked early enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably giving it a miss this season, to invest in going to Newcastle instead.

You can buy Chiltern chugger tickets on the day, so long as you leave Marylebone after 11am.

(Incidentally, if you're buying by credit card, don't go to thetrainline.com because they've started charging booking fees - other sites like chilternrailways.co.uk use thetrainline's database, but don't charge their booking fees.)
  • Options
    Tickets for myself and Pork Pie have been purchased, usual pub I guess a pound on the door?
  • Options
    Yep - driving up for this one though. Hopefully getting tickets on Saturday.

Not been to Villa Park for years and am really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    What trains? up here in the football wasteland of the North West they seem to dig up the train lines every weekend and put everyone on buses. The lass & I have our tickets and will brave the M6 so we'll be there by half time!

My last trip to Villa Park was when we lost,3-1 I think, in the FA Cup, when I was but a mere lad and lived in SE London - how times change!
  • Options
    AFKA i was talking about the train tickets syd cartwright sells. Gets to Witton at half 1 though unfortunately.
  • Options
    AFKA i was talking about the train tickets syd cartwright sells. Gets to Witton at half 1 though unfortunately.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimbrannin[/cite]AFKA i was talking about the train tickets syd cartwright sells. Gets to Witton at half 1 though unfortunately.

Can you let us have the details please?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: jimbrannin[/cite]AFKA i was talking about the train tickets syd cartwright sells. Gets to Witton at half 1 though unfortunately.[/quote]

Can you let us have the details please?[/quote]

was in the bolton wanderers programme, i cant find the exact details at the moment.
    the blokes name is syd cartwirght and Call 020-8688 3916 between 7-9.30pm from Monday to Thursday.
    Think the stipulation is that you need 4 people to go to make it 15 quid each.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimbrannin[/cite]
    was in the bolton wanderers programme, i cant find the exact details at the moment.
    the blokes name is syd cartwirght and Call 020-8688 3916 between 7-9.30pm from Monday to Thursday.
    Think the stipulation is that you need 4 people to go to make it 15 quid each.

Thanks for that-

I maybe up for this- any others want to make up the four?
  • Options
    i may be in for 2, could let you know later today.