Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life's ultimate " Crap Towns" list.

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options

Here in Donny this week we have had an armed robbery, two other instances of people being threatened with guns, our schools are about the worst in the country, oh and a bloke got four years for having sex with a Shetland Pony called Sky. Such a lovely place to live!

...that's just the limit.
  • Options
    Had the 'pleasure' of being in Ashton-in-Makerfield a couple of months ago. (Near Haydock). My god, I think I'd hang myself if I had to spend more than a night there. All the cliches, grim grim grim, barely any shops or restaurants, just loud Lancashire fat bastards in sportswear chain-smoking and brawling in the empty streets of an evening.
  • Options
    HEREFORD. Racecourse closed, football stadium closed and now a mini Poland. Absolute tip of a place.
  • Options

Here in Donny this week we have had an armed robbery, two other instances of people being threatened with guns, our schools are about the worst in the country, oh and a bloke got four years for having sex with a Shetland Pony called Sky. Such a lovely place to live!

What did the pony get?
  • Options

Only had Sky, couldn't get Virgin up there.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

What did the pony get?
    Traumatised...wasn't quite what she expected when the fella said he was off for a pony!
  • Options
    Know it will upset a few on here, but I have to mention Woolwich. I'm from near the area myself so I don't get any pleasure in saying it, but it is an absolute dump these days.
  • Options
    sralan said:

HEREFORD. Racecourse closed, football stadium closed and now a mini Poland. Absolute tip of a place.

Not as bad as Gloucester which is full of people with three ears, two noses and webbed feet etc. my missus lives and works in Hereford and although boring as fuck it's not too bad. People are still a bit slow.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Know it will upset a few on here, but I have to mention Woolwich. I'm from near the area myself so I don't get any pleasure in saying it, but it is an absolute dump these days.

These days? It's been far worse.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:

What did the pony get?
    Confused I would imagine.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Baltimore, glad I no longer have to go into the city every day.
  • Options

Years ago I interviewed this bloke (right toe-rag but that's a different story) who owned a night club in Donny. Obnoxious git, but he did make me laugh when he described the residents of Doncaster as "like Vikings, but without the hats".
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Years ago I interviewed this bloke (right toe-rag but that's a different story) who owned a night club in Donny. Obnoxious git, but he did make me laugh when he described the residents of Doncaster as "like Vikings, but without the hats".
    No hats, just the horn.
  • Options
    America edition. Baltimore (43 shooting deaths in May alone, Camden NJ ( one giant crack den), any small town that use to rely on the steel business or coal mining (dilapidated high street with shuttered businesses and everyone is older than 55. Very depressing setting), Houston (soulless downtown with bland high rises and everyone lives in the suburbs where are all the houses are exactly the same)
  • Options
    I know a few years back one of the lads mags ran a survey, "towns where you are most likely to get punched on a Saturday night" and Doncaster came second. I would nominate in that case wherever came first, but I can't recall where it was.
  • Options
    Belfast

In a WTF! is going on sort of way.
    I spent a couple of days there last week and....
    schools are segregated,
    sunday football leagues are segregated,
    there is a wall 6 miles long and 43' (at it's highest) point separating catholics from protestants.
    steel gates between the two sides close at 8 every night.

and there are no eastern Europeans! local jobs for local people say the paramilitaries.
  • Options

things you learn ...i have just learnt that theres no anonymity for ponies in the eyes of the law ...

• Options
    Not a town but was in the up and coming borough of Tooting for an interview. That place is a dive.
  • Options

Belfast

In a WTF! is going on sort of way.
    I spent a couple of days there last week and....
    schools are segregated,
    sunday football leagues are segregated,
    there is a wall 6 miles long and 43' (at it's highest) point separating catholics from protestants.
    steel gates between the two sides close at 8 every night.

and there are no eastern Europeans! local jobs for local people say the paramilitaries.

Really? Sounds like a utopian living for some people.