Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Therry Racon

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
He seems very happy at the moment, adding goals to his game this season too. Hopefully he can be a big player for us this year.
Interview on the OS, also saying the rumour yesterday was rubbish.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36543

Comments

• Options
    Racon needs to be a lot more consistent he's had a long time now. Next game he plays I'd like to see him getting forward with a bit of licence to create that's probably where we'll see the best of him
  • Options
    100% agreed.
    I think that will happen a lot more this season as he was suggesting he will be trying to get more forward, hopefully this will bring consistency in his performances. Squad looks stronger after the three new signings and I'm quietly optimistic about this season, more togetherness about this team I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OS[/cite]Asked if his first child would be a Charlton fan, Racon laughed: "Maybe, maybe!"

He's leaving LOCKED ON FACT.
  • Options
    If he got his act together him and Semedo should be able to dominate midfield for the vast majority of games, such a shame he isn't more consistent as at this level his has plenty of ability.
  • Options
    MccOrmack appears to be the preferred partner for Semedo at the moment but last night won't have done Therry any harm. Pleasing that he talks about getting in the box more; a few poached goals would of course be nice but early in his time with us he showed a good range of shooting from further out with both feet. Maybe that too should be encouraged again.
  • Options
    Racon will play a huge role for Charlton this year. When Semedo or McCormack are down (injured or suspension) Racon will be a strong player to fill that role. He will also provide a good competition between the CM's for a starting place. Exactly what we need.
  • Options
    he's a good player i think and the fact he's happy here is a good sign..
    it's just so frustrating in matches (especially last season) to see him outside the box of the opposition's penalty area but then instead of trying to pass it away to someone that is possibly in space he tries to be really skilful with the ball and ends up losing it a majority of the time.
  • Options
    Thought Racon, Semedo and Martin were our best players last night. He made soem brilliant tackles and got himself into space very well. This is a real chance for him this season. he could be a pretty decent box to box player if he would get forward more. He is capable of scoring between 5-10 goals a season if he did this.
  • Options
    Racon can speak! In four years i think it's the first time i've heard his voice.

Wish my missus was like that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Racon can speak! In four years i think it's the first time i've heard his voice.

Wish my missus was like that.

You should have married Racon (who only scores once a season....!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why is everyone ignoring that Murray said he's for sale and will be going in Jan?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Why is everyone ignoring that Murray said he's for sale and will be going in Jan?

He won't want to go anywhere, if his wife is due to give birth to their 1st child at Christmas.

Even if he doesn't go in Jan, he'll be out of contract in June.
  • Options
    "i had a good season last year"- thats debatable Rac :)

anyway ive always been a fan of Racon and think he can be a decent player at times

nice of him to come out and say he wants to try and score more goals for us, good luck to him and i hope it comes to fruition :)
  • Options
    He's already scored before tonight. His wife is expecting a baby.
  • Options
    Currently playing for a team in the French third tier.
  • Options

Charlton through and through. Our next manager?

Unfinished business in South East London perhaps? :wink:
  • Options
    When he burst onto the scene I thought he could be our Viera or even Yaya, but alas he turned out to be the next damp squib.

Much Fanfare was made of him and Zheng Zhi signing, but as a creatively minded player he was wasted on the left of midfield and subsequently got ridden by the boo boys
  • Options
    He seemed like such a talented player that just never seemed to make sense. I saw him a couple times playing in the holding role and he looked class. Then just bounced around and never settled.

I do think, given our size and status, we will always have players like him, EH Ba, Sarr, etc. You could even put Yann and Joe Semedo in that category. Players where there is clearly talent there (usually they're young and foreign), but who are still working on putting it all together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't forget, he screwed the spanners over, making one appearance in two seasons.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He is still better than El Hadji Ba

Most footballers are
  • Options
    Talent and application are two different things - Lloyd Sam, Kyle Reid, Moutakill and many others all had talent but where are they now? I have always felt that there needs to be a lot more support and much less money given to those who have just come out of academies to help them develop their careers rather than their nightclubbing, taste for expensive cars and clothes and other activities.
  • Options
    sm said:

Talent and application are two different things - Lloyd Sam Kyle Reid, Moutakill and many others all had talent but where are they now? I have always felt that there needs to be a lot more support and much less money given to those who have just come out of academies to help them develop their careers rather than their nightclubbing, taste for expensive cars and clothes and other activities.

Well he's one of the stars of RedBull New York in the MLS, wears the number 10 shirt and has captained the side a few times too, not sure you can put him in with Moo2 and Kyle Reid
  • Options
    Sorry but I struggle to believe that MLS is of the same standard as the Championship - even Ruben Bover was able to get a few games.
  • Options
    sm said:

Sorry but I struggle to believe that MLS is of the same standard as the Championship - even Ruben Bover was able to get a few games.

Oh ye, Pirlo, Gerrard, Lamps, Villa could never play championship football today against players like Liam Feeney, Luke Freeman and Sarr.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

sm said:

Oh ye, Pirlo, Gerrard, Lamps, Villa could never play championship football today against players like Liam Feeney, Luke Freeman and Sarr.
    They are all playing there for the money not the standard of football