Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Still - After Match Rant

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Did anyone stay behind and watch John Still's Phil Brown style rant at his players after the final whistle? He was absolutely livid with his players and made me laugh- then I remembered that they're back here in three weeks time when they may be bit fired up!

Comments

• Options
    Was that whilst the remaining Charlton hoards were singing...
    Que sera sera
    What ever will be will be
    We're getting humiliated by some pony outfit in the next round
    Que sera sera ?
    I wasn't there of course but am sort of numb to our cup "exploits" now!
  • Options
    Rubbish team and poor man management IMO. Everyone remembers Phil Browns rant but everyone forgets how it actually had a negative effect on Hulls subsequent performances, keep that sort of thing in the changing room I reckon. I thought D&R were rubbish. We bossed them off the pitch in the second half and I expect nothing less than 3 points when they come back in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Just watched John Still's press conference, very impressive bloke. Would do a club like ours a load of good as a general manager. His non league scouting knowledge is fantastic.
  • Options
    He's certainly performed miracles over there. Clearly they're limited, though I don't know if they rested a few last night too, and we've just nicked their goal-scorer. Only seen them a few times but they're always very "in yer face" and give you very little time whilst getting it forward quickly themselves. Not the most attractive but it might just be enough to keep them up and will earn them points against anyone who takes them to lightly.
  • Options
    I wasn't sure if it was a rant or not - it looked like it as there was a lot of arm waving and pointing, but i'm not sure he was having a go at them and maybe just trying to gee them up for their next match or for when they are here next time..............or, as someone next to me said, that he was just telling them what he thought before he forgot it all as he is getting old !

Can't see what he had to rant about - they played ok & not the worse team i've seen over the last season or so in this division. I felt they had a chance and caused us afew problems in the first 20 mins or so.
  • Options
    I thought last night the way we played at times there should have been more end product and we could have taken them to the cleaners especially as we played virtually a full strength side and had signed their best player

Credit to Parky for going out to win the game with a strong team, think in the league game and with a bigger crowd we may beat them more comfortably

Glad Worner kept a clean sheet
  • Options
    Everyone at Daggers seems to worship John Still.
    He gives players their big chance and they'll run through brick walls for him.

He's shown time and time again, he'll back his own players to the hilt, providing they graft for him.
    And apparently they did just that for him last night.

Managers are often really wound up straight after the match, so I guess the adrenalin was still running high!
  • Options
    LOVE THIS!!!
    Just saw this
    John Still - Legend
  • Options
    Interesting stuff and he has a key point there, it's funny how you can clearly identify players who play with heart, whatever their ability. It is almost always these players that fans love most, great if they are gifted with it, but at whatever level you will often forgive the foibles of lesser players if they just play as though they really care.
  • Options
    get this point over well!! i wonder if powell does that! ;)