Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thanks Racoonie

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Last night was the first time I have been able to take/drag one of my kids to the Valley. My oldest hates football and my boy is far too young, so Ellie who has just turned seven came to the game, she asked my just before I left if she could come much with shocked me to say the least (I had given up asking her a long time a go). But thanks to Racoonie (her name not mine) she went home with a win to talk about.

Comments

• Options
    Nice one cfgs. I remember my daughters first trip to The Valley. That night we lost at home 1 - 4 to Swindon in the league cup. She still goes to the matches but now sits with her boyfriend. I guess that moment will come for you too.
  • Options
    Yes but for now I do not feel such a mentalist travelling up with my daughter as I do on my own
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Yes but for now I do not feel such a mentalist travelling up with my daughter as I do on my own

Come in the Lib. other kids in there and some normal adults (not many, but a few)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Yes but for now I do not feel such a mentalist travelling up with my daughter as I do on my own

Come in the Lib. other kids in there and some normal adults (not many, but a few)
    Been in there once, for the Jills game it had far too many Pikeys in there for my liking, but then again we will not be playing them this season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Been in there once, for the Jills game it had far too many Pikeys in there for my liking, but then again we will not be playing them this season

Unusually crowded for that game. normally plenty of room
  • Options
    The odd trip to live football is a great grounding for young kids in my opinion. I have a fond memory of sitting on the top deck of the 161 back to Eltham with my eldest girl (now 22yrs). After a 0-1 reverse against Man City with their goalie at the time big fat Weaver giving the home crowd a good winding up. She had just come to the shattering conclusion that "life was not fair" and that "you don't always get what you deserve". I salutory lesson in life and all for the price of £1 (kid for a quid) thanks CAFC !
  • Options
    First game last night for son Jude - aged 4. Thankfully off to a winning start unlike daughter - aged 9 who has been to 3 games (including Scunthorpe away) and yet to see a win.

However, having documented his whole day on video, realised after goal that i hadnt been recording so mighty **ss** off about that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]I salutory lesson in life and all for the price of £1 (kid for a quid) thanks CAFC !

That would be a category A game now and probably be about 40 quid for a kid !!
  • Options
    Racon was 20/1 for the first goal last night!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Racon was 20/1 for the first goal last night!

As the bloke next to me kept telling me GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking forward to my little boys first game, just coming up to 3, so I would think next season would be best, otherwise I will spend all game talking about thomas and trains and their links to charlton, on second thoughts, maybe he is ready now? He has the spotter about him, though not sure he is abusive enough (no boos though, ever, as if it is going tits I leave for the pub) so may have to work on him a bit longer.