Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dailly/Doherty

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
They're not proving to be the watertight pairing we'd hoped for, are they? A fit Fortune would be welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Give 'em a chance mate. Huddersfield is the only game that they've seemingly not impressed because we let 3 goals in. They are very strong at home and if we're all being honest, a draw would have been a cracking result there.
  • Options
    We've only conceded 5 goals in 4 games, and 3 of those were in a single game in which our first choice keeper wasn't playing. Too early to say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]They're not proving to be the watertight pairing we'd hoped for, are they? A fit Fortune would be welcome.

They've only played 2 whole games together!!

A clean sheet against Bournemouth.
    Dailly was sent off against Orient.
    Only Docherty played against Oldham due to Dailly's suspension.
    3 goals conceded at Huddersfield but it has to be said Lee and Rhodes are one of the better strike forces in this league.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]They're not proving to be the watertight pairing we'd hoped for, are they? A fit Fortune would be welcome.

They have looked extremely solid to me. Clean sheet against Bournemouth, who since then have smacked 5 past Peterborough and 3 past Notts County.

They didn't play together at Shrewsbury.

They played 50mins or so together against Orient and we conceded one goal.

They didn't play together against Oldham - still kept a clean sheet.

So basically you are concluding that they aren't going to work as a partnership based on the Huddersfield game. Wasn't there but I am assuming having our 2nd choice, very young, very inexperienced goalkeeper in the frame at short notice didn't help.

If we get to 10-15 games and we are shipping goals left, right and centre then you might be able to make a jusgement. Until then......
  • Options
    I was actually quite encouraged that they were pushed up so far for the 1st goal. Although Worner was wrong to come out when he had no chance of getting to the ball first, the Doc got accross quite well and I thought Rhodes touch was a bit flukey as he was being tackled as he touched it and the ball could have gone anywhere. Hard to say who should have been marking their centre half for the 2nd. Last goal was down to Francis.
  • Options
    Bit harsh. But Fortune being in the squad bodes well for future selection against striker's were there will be pacier player, plus ironically against players like Alan Lee. Personally I'm more than happy with Doc and Dailly, but Fortune's weaknesses are beautifully balanced by both of them. I expect if Fortune get's in he'll keep his place, and the other two will be well used as well this season.
  • Options
    did fortune used to play up front on odd occasions?
  • Options
    Might have chasing a game at the end but he was a striker as a youngster.