Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the transfer deadline day thread....Aug 2010

Comments

• Options
    What's he up to, where does he play now? You always used to hear of him as a decent striker outside the top flight and now.........
    Just thinking out aloud really.
  • Options
    'The Duke' is on loan at Skoda Xanthi from Watford
  • Options
    1620: DONE DEAL: Brighton have signed Kazenga Lua Lua on loan from Newcastle until 31 December.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cheers Sam. My old man is a a follower of the non league game and supports Walton and Hersham (with a certain soft spot for CAFC) who used to employ Mr Ellington and wondered where he is now. I said one of the good folk on CL would know, he sends his thanx to you.
  • Options
    I take it we're all done on the transfer front then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Cheers Sam. My old man is a a follower of the non league game and supports Walton and Hersham (with a certain soft spot for CAFC) who used to employ Mr Ellington and wondered where he is now. I said one of the good folk on CL would know, he sends his thanx to you.

Article on him here:

Ellington
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]1620: DONE DEAL: Brighton have signed Kazenga Lua Lua on loan from Newcastle until 31 December.
    Does that rule out Jason Roberts?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]I take it we're all done on the transfer front then?

Apart from players going out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]1620: DONE DEAL: Brighton have signed Kazenga Lua Lua on loan from Newcastle until 31 December.

The rumour i saw was Roberts was going to Wigan. There's no way he'll drop to league one.
  • Options
    Lua Lua is a winger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spurs have bid 10m for Ryan Babel
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

The rumour i saw was Roberts was going to Wigan. There's no way he'll drop to league one.

Agree would be very surprised to see him in league 1. However brighton manager Gus Poyet has said he expects 3 more signings as well as Lua Lua.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Spurs have bid 10m for Ryan Babel

!!!! Typo?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Spurs have bid 10m for Ryan Babel
    LOL!
  • Options
    Robinho finally gone.
    Poor lad never really got to terms with playing in a blue shirt instead of a red one when he answered the call from Manchester.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Robinho finally gone.
    Poor lad never really got to terms with playing in a blue shirt instead of a red one when he answered the call from Manchester.

Mee-lan are shaping up nicely for this season. Ronaldinho, Pato, Ibrahimovic and Robinho isn't a bad strike force.
  • Options
    Love to see that lot tracking back when they lose possession...

(stolen from Guardian podcast)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Robinho finally gone.
    Poor lad never really got to terms with playing in a blue shirt instead of a red one when he answered the call from Manchester.[/quote]

Mee-lan are shaping up nicely for this season. Ronaldinho, Pato, Ibrahimovic and Robinho isn't a bad strike force.[/quote]

RONALDINHO = FAT
    PATO = best of a bad bunch
    Ibrahimovic - only one season in Italy (at Inter with Mourinho) to count as a good season, don't rate him
    Robinho - flat track bully
  • Options
    asamoah gyan finally completed his move to sunderland
  • Options
    If Gyan is really 24 then I'm a twelve-foot tall Chinaman

I note Martyn Waghorn has moved on to Leicester for £3m too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Robinho finally gone.

Mee-lan are shaping up nicely for this season. Ronaldinho, Pato, Ibrahimovic and Robinho isn't a bad strike force.

RONALDINHO = FAT
    PATO = best of a bad bunch
    Ibrahimovic - only one season in Italy (at Inter with Mourinho) to count as a good season, don't rate him
    Robinho - flat track bully

Ronaldinho is still a great player on his day.
    Pato will be an amazing player.
    If you think that about Ibrahimovic then you obviously don't watch Italian football. 57 goals in 88 Serie A games over THREE seasons for Inter.
    Robinho - i don't know his record against big clubs but he did well for Madrid and was City's top scorer in his main season there.
  • Options
    Ian Harte just signed for Bristol City. Good news for us, as he's one of Carlisle's best players
  • Options
    I think Jim on SSN is gonna wet himself.
  • Options
    We rejected Ian Harte!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Ian Harte just signed for Bristol City. Good news for us, as he's one of Carlisle's best players

Really? BBC are reporting he's joined Reading!

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/Home/
  • Options
    "Another FASCINATING! transfer window on Sky sports news" According to the fat jock Swanson.
    Sky is so full of shit.
  • Options
    It's been pretty boring in all honesty, all speculation by them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]I think Jim on SSN is gonna wet himself.
    The most irratating bloke ever seen on british tv
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Brighton have snapped up teenage Norwegian striker Torbjorn Agdestein for a nominal fee from Stord FC.
    Bristol Rovers have extended the loan spell of Reading's Danish goalkeeper Mikkel Andersen until January.
  • Options
    cant believe how little spurs did in this window after all that hard work to get in to the chumpions league i honestly thought they would be signing super stars